Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dtnorr

RVF Newbee
We are planning a 3 month trip in 2022 back East for the Fall Foilage (Aug-Oct). Then are heading south along the East coast, and then head home. We have stops planned in Idaho, S. Dakota and Mt. Rushmore on our way, but are open after that.
Can anyone give us some tips on what to see, where to stay, etc. along the way in the Midwest?
Any East coast recommendations? We’ve been to DC but no where else.
We’re retired and have a 2018 Winnebago Forza (pulling a Jeep) with plenty of time to enjoy the road. We have some reservations in the New England states but aren’t on a tight schedule and want take in as much as possible. We use RV Trip Wizard primarily, with other apps as well.
Thank you for any tips you can give us!

Last edited:
We are planning a 3 month trip in 2022 back East for the Fall Foilage (Aug-Oct). Then are heading south along the East coast, and then head home. We have stops planned in Idaho, S. Dakota and Mt. Rushmore on our way, but are open after that.
Can anyone give us some tips on what to see, where to stay, etc. along the way in the Midwest?
Any East coast recommendations? We’ve been to DC but no where else.
We’re retired and have a 2018 Winnebago Forza (pulling a Jeep) with plenty of time to enjoy the road. We have some reservations in the New England states but aren’t on a tight schedule and want take in as much as possible. We use RV Trip Wizard primarily, with other apps as well.
Thank you for any tips you can give us!
The problem we have encountered when trying to see the foliage while traveling in our coach, is that the leaves tend to turn really well in October, and you have to be careful as that is when many rv parks in the northeast start closing. Judy D

October is a good time to be In Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina. Jim and Trish ( from this forum) have opened a small RV park outside of Franklin NC. Deer Springs. Bald Mountain RV Resort in Hiawassee GA is a nice October destination, they close the last of October each year. One of my favorite state parks in TN is Fall Creek Falls. I think in Spencer TN. Happy travels, welcome to the group.

The problem we have encountered when trying to see the foliage while traveling in our coach, is that the leaves tend to turn really well in October, and you have to be careful as that is when many rv parks in the northeast start closing. Judy D
I have run into that. I have found some good ones that are open while we’re there. Thank you for the info!

Latest resources

Back