Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mustbegone

RVF Newbee
Hello to all. I will be retiring after 36 years of service. It has been our plan for years to leave the congestion here in the Fredericksburg area behind, purchase an RV, and attempt to find our next and final home somewhere amongst all the choices we are considering. The RV is a means to an end and I expect a few years of the RV lifestyle to hopefully find our spot.

A few things that are really nagging at me that I hope you all could help with.

I finally reach retirement age and the RV market has exploded. From what I have read a 400% increase over the last 2 years. How does that increase in numbers affect your ability to access campgrounds? It seems there are more RV's than places to park them.

I am a fairly handy guy and can fix many things, however there will inevitably be manufacture service required. With so many horrendous service stories on here its scarring the crap out of me. Is there any one manufacturer that stands out for outstanding service? I have no previous experience so we are blank slate when it comes to any certain company, and I will adjust our RV requirements for a solid service program. I had focused on Tiffin but now now so sure.

I recognize most all RV's are relatively poorly made and it seems the newer ones are even worst. Would it be better to buy an older coach?

We want to do this! I'm trying to get past the anxiety of fighting to find a campground and having my home sitting on the highway or in a service bay for weeks on end.

Thank you all

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Georgia!

Good luck with your purchase. My advice it to buy used. 2000-2008 is the sweet spot for quality. If you don't know enough about RV's pay an inspector to do it for you. It will be money well spent!

Welcome from Georgia!

Good luck with your purchase. My advice it to buy used. 2000-2008 is the sweet spot for quality. If you don't know enough about RV's pay an inspector to do it for you. It will be money well spent!
Thank you for the reply. I have been reading as much as possible but in the end its appears homework, sound decisions and luck are key

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back