RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
This is our first year going east for the winter and we are not leaving till 26 Dec 2022. Our starting point is the middle of Kansas and my plans are to head south till we hit I10 then turn east to avoid snow and ice. We are not in a hurry and travel about 300 to 350 miles per day. Most planning software brings us down to Memphis then Atlanta but there could be snow on that route. Any experience traveling in Dec form mid-Kansas to Flordia or better routes to take?

Last edited:
Wow. Can you show me how to add two more years to my life? 😂

Wow. Can you show me how to add two more years to my life? 😂
Ahh ... fix it. When you retired even the years run together. I never know what day week it is without pulling out my phone and looking. SAD... You know the worst thing about being retired is you never get a day off.

65 to 231 to Marianna, FL and get on 10.

65 to 231 to Marianna, FL and get on 10.
I just have to watch the weather east of me. I have to have a plan B.

I guess I look at things in a much more simple way than some…
I-35 S to I-45 S to I-10 E seems to be the most direct way to head due South out of Kansas until you hit I-10…

I guess I look at things in a much more simple way than some…
I-35 S to I-45 S to I-10 E seems to be the most direct way to head due South out of Kansas until you hit I-10…
That's what I'm thinking also. It will be a little longer drive but gets me out of that snow belt quicker. You can run into snow and ice in Texas and even on I10 but a lot less likely and probably melt during the day. I think the biggest problem is finding places to stay along our route on I10 but we have a Class A with a generator so we don't need hookups.

You can run into snow and ice in Texas and even on I10 but a lot less likely and probably melt during the day.
I have a sister in the DFW area...she seems to either be in the middle of a heatwave or an ice storm, no inbetween.

Latest resources

Back