• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ours is sold - Leaving RVs after 40 years

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
All - Today I received one of two checks, it was for 80% of the agreed-on price, the other 20% is coming with the new owners.
Well there you go, perfect example of "Take the money and run. . ." But congratulation on the sale, you picked a good time to sell. Take care and if you're in my area sometime, drop by and say hi. We're not really that far away.

Jim

All - Thank you for all the kindness displayed. We took her for one last small trip to take out our stuff and put into storage. OK, I am not as a rule a packrat, but we had a whole lot of stuff in that coach, we never used. Part of that was we had to go from 40' down to 35', and at that time gave away some stuff, but put way more of it into this one than we should. I highly recommend to all, go through, all the outside compartments put it all on the ground, and go through it, and you will find "oh wow, I have not seen that in xx years". The old adage, if you don't use in in six months, you don't need it is so very true. I am also not a clothes horse, but I had way too much of that in it too. So, 10 shirts, private stuff, shorts, 2 long pants, one medium coat for cold, and that is it. We ran across one couple right after we picked ours up, she had broken the hanging bar in the closet because she had so many clothes. We did not have nearly that much, but more than we should have had. So be aware, things have babies, and multiply and I could not figure out how that happened.

All - Today I received one of two checks, it was for 80% of the agreed-on price, the other 20% is coming with the new owners. Paperwork transfer and 1.5 days of showing them how it works. I sorta will miss it, then not the hassle of trying to get reservation, diesel at almost 6.00 gallon here, and more and more idiots on the road who really aint got a clue. Almost had one yesterday, pickup pulled right out in front of us, thank God for anti-lock brakes in the Acura. Newmar was good to excellent, but life is catching up with us, time to give it up. I most likely will also leave here, just won't have anything to offer, my information will be old. Happy trails and roads to all. Had lots of fun trips, and a few which were not. God's speed to all here.
As newly upgraded RVers to a Class A, I’m sad to read this. We are trying to overlook the reality of diesel prices and hope to manage idiots on the road, and stay excited for the adventures and beauties to discover in our gorgeous country. You no doubt have loved your traveling adventures and we hope you stay active on this site to share all your great insights! All the best in your non-RV endeavors!!

All - Again thanks for the nice words. We got a new house, trying to sell this one, and routinely seeing diesel over 5.20+ dollars gallon everyplace we travel.

Baby formula being brought in from Europe at close to 30,000 a flight hour for C-17s, and 80,000 on the C-5. How was it, two years ago, we had everything we needed and contributed to the world, and now cannot provide basics to infants?

I think the voters two years ago, deserve exactly what they are getting, so glad RV is gone. Took car trip to Crossville, TN, wonderful little place, great senior living area there. Talked to two restaurant managers, next month new menus coming out, both said between .50-1.00 price increase for everything on the menu. Both said labor issues as well. If the country makes November for another election, praying things flip. However, in conversation with many, all are concerned we will never make NOV. I miss the freedom of the RV, but not the costs associated with it. We were talking about an Airstream trailer, but things have to be way better for that to happen. God Speed and happy trails to all. Will monitor here as time allows, as internet is even slower at new place than here. Did not think there was a slower plan, just lucky I guess, as I found one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back