Question Over voltage cut off

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If that was for me, I agree fully!

However experience tells me ohms law is more important than a few extra turns on a transformer (autoformer).

Well as I adjust loads by selectively using utilities all the morning issues have been resolved.
Turned off front ac, use only one element on Oasis, using mid and rear ac.
Amp draw has returned to normal and voltage has stabilized.
IMG_1723.png

If you want to save the 22A for OASIS turn AC I/II OFF and use Burner. It needs to keep diesel moving so it should be used frequently anyways. But it's the best way to find amps.

Neal is right....and I sometimes think of this too.

I know I have run into issues on one of my 50Amp legs at dinner time if I am running the microwave, induction stove, a small toaster oven, Oasis electric (one of the elements) and an AC. They seem to be all on one leg... I have thought of moving something to the other leg (within the breaker box) to help with the issue.

If you want to save the 22A for OASIS turn AC I/II OFF and use Burner. It needs to keep diesel moving so it should be used frequently anyways. But it's the best way to find amps.
I've always use the Burner, much more efficient with 2 long haired women on board, long showers....nuff said

In a split phase system (50 a) circuit loads should be balanced based on your utilization. The manufacturer guesses at how you will use the RV. If the loads are not balanced, and everything is on one leg, you then find yourself in a situation where you cannot run something because one leg is maxed out and another leg is under utilized.

When a large coach is running on battery and has dual inverters, this is even more critical. But it is possible to add load balancing devices so that each inverter is carrying an equal load - this was an option installed on our SuperC, and it is very nice. Don’t have to worry about running oasis fans, microwave, coffee maker, lights, fridge, etc.

I've always use the Burner, much more efficient with 2 long haired women on board, long showers....nuff said
Let me clarify, my DW and DD are the long hairs, Im pretty much working on bald

In a split phase system (50 a) circuit loads should be balanced based on your utilization. The manufacturer guesses at how you will use the RV. If the loads are not balanced, and everything is on one leg, you then find yourself in a situation where you cannot run something because one leg is maxed out and another leg is under utilized.

When a large coach is running on battery and has dual inverters, this is even more critical. But it is possible to add load balancing devices so that each inverter is carrying an equal load - this was an option installed on our SuperC, and it is very nice. Don’t have to worry about running oasis fans, microwave, coffee maker, lights, fridge, etc.
Can you share a product link or name for a load balancing option on the in inverter? Curious how it would work

Can you share a product link or name for a load balancing option on the in inverter? Curious how it would work
I could see a load shedding scheme. But an auto balancing scheme would double the load center size to meet circuit protection codes.

I think it could be an option on high load circuits, but not every circuit!

Maybe a circuit breaker assignment circuit, similar to assigning vip addresses?

I don't know how much more complex they can make RVs before they can't find anyone capable of working on them.

I was thinking similarly that doubling each panel but again, how exactly would that wire scheme look?

Latest resources

Back