• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Over voltage cut off

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was thinking similarly that doubling each panel but again, how exactly would that wire scheme look?
I envision monitoring the two lines. And using solid state relays to select the under utilized line. Maybe a history que that keeps track of use frequency, allowing preselecting of potential load.

You can devise a very complex system, but your troubleshooting system would have to be just as complex if you expected someone to fix it!

I would only offer such a system for maybe 6 circuits, if I was crazy enough to offer such a thing.

Some quality smart home systems could be adapted I suppose.

The biggest advantage I can see is lowered utility bills. I don't think high end RV users care about that.

Can you share a product link or name for a load balancing option on the in inverter? Curious how it would work

Our inverters are Outback Power Systems. We also have Outback’s PSX-240-Relay which can configured in a couple different ways, one of which is load balancing across L1 and L2.
I am not an expert on electrical theory but love to learn what the downsides are to this. It works well as I can see on the inverter loads on the monitor panel.

Our inverters are Outback Power Systems. We also have Outback’s PSX-240-Relay which can configured in a couple different ways, one of which is load balancing across L1 and L2.
I am not an expert on electrical theory but love to learn what the downsides are to this. It works well as I can see on the inverter loads on the monitor panel.

So do you use a Hughes autoformer with this setup?

Seems to me to use the same method as that unit, but works on 120vac independently, rather than both lines combined.

No, we do NOT have a Hughes Autoformer.

This Outback unit, as I read and understand it, has a relay which shuts it off when there is AC power (shore or generator). This Outback transformer is only operating when using batteries to power the rig through the inverters.

It is somewhat surprising to me that I can look at a screen full of data and not see items..

The Silverleaf screen has so much to offer.

Simple stuff. Voltage being used on line. Amps on each line.
High draw items wired to line.
Status of the each line.
Plus various other battery data.

All this helps understand how to manage load.

IMG_1740.jpeg

It is somewhat surprising to me that I can look at a screen full of data and not see items..

The Silverleaf screen has so much to offer.

Simple stuff. Voltage being used on line. Amps on each line.
High draw items wired to line.
Status of the each line.
Plus various other battery data.

All this helps understand how to manage load.

View attachment 25037
Yes things that took time to compile in the past, at your fingertips! The only data missing, is years of learning what it all means!!!

Latest resources

Back