Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm currently at Wolf Creek Run Motorcoach Resort, a small campground on the outskirts of Pagosa Springs. I've really enjoyed being in the mountains in prior stays at Granby, CO and then Breckenridge, I had to bypass Ouray but am glad the San Juan mountains here are stunning as well. Below are a few pictures from a trip up to Wolf Creek Pass yesterday and further up a USFS road to the top of a mountain for a beautiful overlook at just over 11K elevation. I compiled some of the 4K Blackvue Dashcam footage for anyone that wants to enjoy the view of the drive down the pass on the way back to Pagosa Springs. And yes, this is the drive I did at night arriving in my motorhome a week ago and wish I could have enjoyed the views it offers in daylight but glad to see it on a separate drive.

The town itself is small and "so-so" but the surrounding areas are spectacular.

IMG_4316.png
IMG_4317.png
IMG_4319.png
IMG_4320.png
IMG_4321.png
IMG_4322.png
IMG_4323.png

I hope you eventually make it to Ouray. I took my GMC Canyon places I should have been in a side by side. I'm thankful you're enjoying PS.

I hope you eventually make it to Ouray. I took my GMC Canyon places I should have been in a side by side. I'm thankful you're enjoying PS.
My plan is Tuesday I'm driving up. I have to check the weather and I will be packing for the option for me and dawg to spend the night if I want to stay and explore more. I'd like to see Telluride as well. If you have any suggestions on what to see in the area between me and Ouray or in the area of Ouray please let me know. I have been to Silverton before, I took the train from Durango as part of my RV Caravan in 2017 on the "Rockies Tour" with Passport America.

Looks like guide dog Elli is enjoying the area. Glad the coach seems to be back in good running order.

I was in Pagosa earlier, and in Durango now. We’re just doing a mini road trip in the van this time. My kids had a great time at Great Sand Dunes this morning.

F8200FCE-49C4-40DA-A464-3176ED427360.jpeg

We enjoyed Camp Bird Road and dinner at Outlaw Restaurant, where John Wayne hung out while filming True Grit. Stop by any of the off-road rental stores and pick up a map. You can take the Last Dollar Road off of CO 62, west of Ridgeway to Telluride if you're not in a hurry. Enjoy your time with dawg.

Latest resources

Back