Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Took a practice test of the Part 107 (Drone Pilot) and all that Private pilot knowledge came flooding back from years ago.

As you might have guessed by now, I am a collector of various licenses, over the years I have accumulated quite a collection:)

Part 107 test exam, I passed, barely, with a 70%. Not bad for taking it Cold, no prep. There are some new acronyms to learn and some changes to the airspace designations since I was an active pilot but other than that very familiar.

Looks like with some study, I'll get one of these too :))

That actually sounds like a cool hobby. Collecting licenses. I love trying new things and usually learn way more than necessary along the way. Very cool.

That actually sounds like a cool hobby. Collecting licenses. I love trying new things and usually learn way more than necessary along the way. Very cool.
It is a fun and instructive hobby. You end up learning a lot about all sorts of things. And I enjoy the challenge:)

I was doing the same.

I have a 100 ton Masters license, a Class A CDL, EMT as well as various qualifications to teach self defense.

Ive considered a ham Radio License and a few other quick and easy certifications.

Just a quick review of what is available from the Garmin App, holy cow!! The Rectangle of Knowledge is amazing when using this app.
Planning, filing, navigation, and logging is all there for the Pilot.
no more looking for a pay phone on some dark and lonely strip in the middle of nowhere to get a weather briefing or to file a flight plan. Yes it’s be awhile....
Whip out the magical Rectangle of Knowledge and click away. Done. Amazing how far we’ve come in aviation.

joe joe joe JOEEEEEEEEEEEEE ....

It's a drone!!!! it's going to be okay, it's a drone!!!! Cleared for takeoff.

Actually I was looking for a free sectional :) just to brush up for the Part 107 exam :ROFLMAO:

ForeFlight is a great app for flying, as with the Garmin app both are fee based.

Did you install the B4UFLY app?

Neal,

Thank you for the tip on SkyVector.

Downloaded B4UFly and Kittyhawk. One area that I will regularly fly will need permission (RV Roof Inspections). It is in Class D space.

This permission requirement has sent me down the proverbial wormhole or rabbit hole if you prefer. :)

Also I found my free sectional on the FAA website. Tax payer dollars at work:)

"It's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission"....

If you are flying under 100ft or just doing a roof inspection I would not be asking permission from anyone, it may even be wasting their time. That's me personally, I think you're just rattling the bees nest instead of using a little common sense that you're not interfering with anything at roof top level. If you were on an end of a runway where aircraft could be very very low...that's different but still, no, for a roof inspection I wouldn't be worried about talking to anyone.

Latest resources

Back