Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Parts resources for older Fleetwood RVs.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Zombiesloth79

RVF Newbee
I've recently purchased a 1991 Southwind. I'm quickly learning that finding otherwise mundane parts like headlights, etc. is not so straightforward with older RVs. Does anyone have any good resources for finding replacements for things like headlights and their mounting hardware? Do you guys just find something that fits, or fabricate your own for this sort of thing? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Many headlight assemblies from that era were simply some production automotive application repurposed. So you either find someone who has the exact same coach and has replaced theirs or post a picture of what you have so someone can pop in and say something like "Oh, those are 1987 Ford Econoline headlights." For example but that exact thing has happened.
A fella posted about how he couldn't find marker lights for hos coach. Since his coach was quite a bit newer than mine and a different model I paid little attention. Then he posted a picture of what he was looking for and I realized they were the exact same ones I had bought for mine a while back and hooked him up.
IE, counting on a kindred spirit to drop in with the exact same year, make, and model of your coach who knows all about what you need is kind of a longshot. Though it could happen. Posting about how you can find "one of these" with a picture or two works rather better most of the time.

Many headlight assemblies from that era were simply some production automotive application repurposed. So you either find someone who has the exact same coach and has replaced theirs or post a picture of what you have so someone can pop in and say something like "Oh, those are 1987 Ford Econoline headlights." For example but that exact thing has happened.
A fella posted about how he couldn't find marker lights for hos coach. Since his coach was quite a bit newer than mine and a different model I paid little attention. Then he posted a picture of what he was looking for and I realized they were the exact same ones I had bought for mine a while back and hooked him up.
IE, counting on a kindred spirit to drop in with the exact same year, make, and model of your coach who knows all about what you need is kind of a longshot. Though it could happen. Posting about how you can find "one of these" with a picture or two works rather better most of the time.
Thanks for your reply. I've been poking around trying to find a match. The main lights look like the small rectangular lights from a G-series van, while the marker lights look like a C/K pickup. The buckets are a big sheet metal deal, which might have been popped out by Fleetwood's shop. The buckets are my main concern, since the bottoms are rotted to the point of not being attached to the front clip anymore. Never a dull moment.
Thanks for the advice. I'll post some pictures and hope someone's done it before.

I have no answers for you sadly, but as a new owner of a 1995 southwind, I'm sure I'll be in the same predicament before too long. Currently working on replacing water pump and while parts were easy to get, accessing the damn thing is not >_< Good luck to us both

There are some online stores out there that still sell those older headlights?

Latest resources

Back