Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
why is the passenger side mirror kept tight to the side of the MH?

Not sure what you mean here. They are adjustable at the mount and mirror so you should be able to set it where you like, within reason.

Interesting, I have noticed (since getting new indoor storage for my rv) that on my Newmar the passener side is snugged in close and pointed forward, but the driver side sticks nearly straight out from the side and in my opinion hangs out way more than needed. I am clearing my storage space door opening by only inches on each side. One of my projects while parked in FL for the winter is to try to pivot the mirror forward like the passenger side to snug the driver side in some more. Mine does look to be fully adjustable as lostinfla stated.

I moved my drivers side mirror forward. It will create a blind spot looking to the left & forward in some instances just like the passenger side. I've had it forward for 5 years and really thinking seriously about moving it back to the original position. I've driven it once to twice in the original position. Currently with it forward like the passenger side mirror I have a little over 6 - 8" between the mirrors and the door frame (12' door) of my garage on each side. Guess I better check the clearance close before just driving out if I move it.

stang37...I was at a 3 inch hover in the driver seat the first time I pulled the RV in to the storage garage, once in I had enough room to run my full wall slide out and access was fine, but that door seemed WAY to narrow!

stang37...I was at a 3 inch hover in the driver seat the first time I pulled the RV in to the storage garage, once in I had enough room to run my full wall slide out and access was fine, but that door seemed WAY to narrow!
Same here I can put all slides out and have room to roll my scaffold down the sides. I can also open the generator and engine compartment and have room to walk between the them and the wall. I should have installed a 14' door, Just didn't think about mirrors. The best mod to my garage was putting a 4" strip down the center and extending down the drive way about 20'. I can see my hitch in the camera and when backing into the garage I align the hitch and the strip. I then let Comfort Drive handle the rest while I watch.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back