Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
Having to replace the rear PDM at Freightliner tomorrow. Even though there is a recall sounds like I have to pay and try to get reimbursed, don’t quite understand but have no choice, no taillights, no left turn signal or brake lights and no dash AC. All the symptoms of the recall on the rear PDM.

You don't say what brand, model or year motorhome you have so here is the recall information from NHFTS #19V426. Some people are having trouble with the module that are not listed on the recall VIN list.

Newmar Corporation (Newmar) is recalling certain 2016-2019 Ventana LE and 2017-2019 Dutch Star, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire and Ventana, and 2018-2019 New Aire motorhomes built on a Daimler trucks chassis. The rear mounted Power Distribution Module (PDM) may have been damaged during manufacturing, possibly resulting in the rear marker lights, brake lights, or turn signals not functioning.

You don't say what brand, model or year motorhome you have so here is the recall information from NHFTS #19V426. Some people are having trouble with the module that are not listed on the recall VIN list.

Newmar Corporation (Newmar) is recalling certain 2016-2019 Ventana LE and 2017-2019 Dutch Star, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire and Ventana, and 2018-2019 New Aire motorhomes built on a Daimler trucks chassis. The rear mounted Power Distribution Module (PDM) may have been damaged during manufacturing, possibly resulting in the rear marker lights, brake lights, or turn signals not functioning.
Yep, I’m included, 2017 Newmar Dutch Star

Got my notice in the mail yesterday, 2nd part coming later which is for action. 1st notice was just to notify of a 2nd notice and action coming when they can source the parts.

My coach PDM serial number was within the published numbers, however it was a different model number and not included. So far no issues. I hope it stays that way.

My coach PDM serial number was within the published numbers, however it was a different model number and not included. So far no issues. I hope it stays that way.
@stang37 ... Do you have the list of published numbers?

FLSteve

I do not have a list of serial numbers. Its stated that numbers above 18103500 are good. My unit is not on the recall list however my S/N 16000732 is well before the S/N 18103500.
I sent a email to Freightliner 24/7 and they replied:
My Chassis had a different part number for the rear PDM, and that is why it does not apply to the recall. My Power Distribution module P/N A06-84731-006. I haven't seen a listing of PDM part numbers.

Thanks ... just checked and my number is 18105737 so I should be good. Also it has been working ok so far.

FLSteve

Got my notice in the mail yesterday, 2nd part coming later which is for action. 1st notice was just to notify of a 2nd notice and action coming when they can source the parts.
Did you ever get the 2nd notice? I have not seen mine and have exhibited the symptoms off and on.

Did you ever get the 2nd notice? I have not seen mine and have exhibited the symptoms off and on.
You should be able to take it to Freightliner with whatever notice you received. Because this is a safety issue involving tail lights etc they have to replace. I had to pay upfront even though I was told it was covered. I then contacted both Newmar and Freightliner headquarters and my card was immediately reimbursed. Be persistent for the replacement it will only get worse.

Latest resources

Back