• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Peel off windshield protectors for RV windshields

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree about DS. After having the “best” films out on a half dozen of my vehicles, I can say that the DS seems to be the worst! That opinion is because of it being so thin and fragile. And, when I saw a tech at Newmar struggling to hear and rip it off, I said what a nightmare!

I’ve had my high quality films repaired in small sections and it wasn’t a big deal.

Ok, so...windhshields. YES! They DO make films for vehicles. I checked on it a while back. But, the price is horrific. Yeah, better than paying for a windshield but Not if you have a high deductible like I do. I recall the film being upwards of 700-900?

You would think it’s cheap and easy since it’s merely a square. But, high quality film THAT YOU CAN SEE THROUGH WITHOUT DISTORTION is super expensive.

We need a SUPER-SIZED screen protector like our iPhones have. ?

And, I would imagine proper installation of several layers of film, with no bubbles etc. before each trip would be more trouble than just cleaning off the bugs.

I wonder how a film would hod up with the wipers on in a rainstorm

Did you do the removal yourself, or have someone do this for you? I'm looking at this on a coach I'm looking to purchase, any tips?
I did it myself. Ease or difficulty is completely dependent on the condition of the DS. The more ratted out it is, the more time consuming the job. If the DS is still in reasonable shape, it will come off in sheets. Otherwise, it comes off in dime-sized pieces and that can and will consume a weekend.

Last edited:
My neighbor hired a professional to remove the protective film that turned patchy brown. The guy worked 3 days inch by inch to remove it. I forgot the price, but it was few hundred $.

I agree about DS. After having the “best” films out on a half dozen of my vehicles, I can say that the DS seems to be the worst! That opinion is because of it being so thin and fragile. And, when I saw a tech at Newmar struggling to hear and rip it off, I said what a nightmare!

I’ve had my high quality films repaired in small sections and it wasn’t a big deal.

Ok, so...windhshields. YES! They DO make films for vehicles. I checked on it a while back. But, the price is horrific. Yeah, better than paying for a windshield but Not if you have a high deductible like I do. I recall the film being upwards of 700-900?

You would think it’s cheap and easy since it’s merely a square. But, high quality film THAT YOU CAN SEE THROUGH WITHOUT DISTORTION is super expensive.

We need a SUPER-SIZED screen protector like our iPhones have. ?
What brand is high quality?

Latest resources

Back