RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
From Facebook post:
The weirdest thing just happened to me... So I'm driving down 377 through Comanche and I see what looks like a dead body or somebody possibly hurt laying on the side of the road. There were no cars or any other means of transportation around the body so I made a U-turn to see if everything was ok or if I needed to call for help. As I approach the body I poked it with a stick. The guy sits up and without hesitation says " Hi, my name is Dave can you give me a ride to San Angelo" I said "I'm not heading to San Angelo, I just stopped cause I saw you laying there motionless and wanted to see if you were ok" he responded by saying "Oh I'm fine, I'm just laying here cause it gets people to stop. It's easier than hitchhiking" I just got back in my pickup without saying a word and drove off. Seriously what is wrong with people these days?
FB_IMG_1654141763567.jpg

sheeesh! Would kinda make you want to give him a real reason to be down on the ground….

When I was young, I used to do a lot of hitchhiking. One side of the country to the next. It was a different time, still sometimes rides were hard to get. Well I developed an idea. I took a 5 gal gas can, cut the top and put a hinge on it. It was sort of my travelers suitcase. Cars would always stop for a guy on the side of the road with a gas can. BUT...often I wouldn't get very far once they realized I didn't really need to stop at that upcoming Shell station.

I would never attempt such a stunt, but, lol, I kinda admire creativity..

I've seen too much nonsense, I wouldn't have stopped. Would have called police and told them someone was laying in the ditch at mile marker so and so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back