Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Login to your control panel, click SYSTEM on the top and then FIRMWARE on the left. It will prompt if you want to download your current configuration file, this is suggested in case you have to restore your settings, then proceed. The system will reboot. If you don't see that it's rebooted in about 5 minutes refresh your screen, it often stops on the Rebooting... screen and never refreshes back to a login again.

I was a beta tester for this release and discovered two bugs, both corrected. 1) AT&T Mobley stopped working with their update, fixed in beta 2, and 2) AT&T being recognized at t-mobile in the APN is now fixed.

So you would consider this safe to upgrade to?? I usually wait a while to see if any issues crop up, or have a downgrade available. I was unable to find any firmware for my Transit Duo on their website except the new one. Would you know of a link to the older firmware versions?? I like having a backup plan in case the upgrade goes sideways for some reason. My wife would kill me if I kill her internet!

Yes, it's in use quite a bit by many beta testers before it goes public/stable. The pepwave always has 2 versions available, new and prior. So if you have a problem you can reboot the device and select the prior firmware version. Be sure to download your config file when prompted, or you can do it manually in the admin control panel and keep the backup if you had to factory reset the device. I have high confidence in pepwave's firmware releases, doesn't concern me at all.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

I did the update and it was seamless however, I had manually set my APN for ATT because of the t-mobile naming issue and moved that setting to auto and it connected fine. Thanks for that notice @Neal.

Latest resources

Back