• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pepwave or ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree, most will not need support. I had to go through this twice, can't remember the first scenario, the recent one was with an ethernet only setup and Pepwave 2 (verizon) dropping packets. The first scenario was answered by 5GStore.com, the 2nd one they were more or less coordinators connecting me to Peplink and ensuring Peplink remained responsive.

What raises a red flag is that I bought a dash radio through amazon to later learn it was not warrantied because of that. In some instances to get support you have to purchase through approved channels/dealers. As I know resellers are the first level of support for Pepwave's the amazon reselling concerned me. The forums are great but if you need engineering support as I did then it may be a little more of a challenge, however, during beta testing I was able to get support from issues brought up in the forum.

Neal, Let's face it..... your configuration is a little more complex than the majority of folks traveling around in a RV. I followed your issues with the two MAX BR1 PRO 5G devices on both this forum as well as Peplink's. I applaud your willingness to push the envelope.
IMHO, Amazon Prime is not what it used to be from a pricing or shipping standpoint. I would be reluctant to purchase any electronic devices from them.

I contacted the 5G store about the Calyx sim working in the Pepwave and was told that some people were having success and others were having problems. I ask if I didn't work what was the return policy and said it was a 20% restocking fee. Amazon will take it back up to 30 days after purchase and I can use the excuse of the price drop to return it. From what I have read 5G is not crediting the price drop but saying the option is to take the offer from Peplink with 4 additional years of Prime Care.

Rather than Wifi wan for Verizon, you could consider something like the BR1 Mini LTEA for your unlimited Verizon sim and plug it into the WAN port on the BR1 pro. $300 or so, and would let you get two live modems. True, you won't get the ultimate speed, but still probably a better option than the wifi wan and you can use an external antenna with it for 2x2 mimo.

So far I have been using the Verizon sim in the BR1 Pro 5G and using WIFI WAN on 5GHz to the M2000 HotSpot from Calyx. I have both connections in Priority 1 and using the Status/Realtime looks like some kind of load balance with traffic going down both connections.

Interesting. Not sure who is selling through Amazon and how you'd get support if needed. Typically the reseller handles support. Kind of a red flag to me. I'd order one through 5Gstore now and when it arrives return the Amazon one - if it were me.
Yea, even putting a trouble ticket in with Peplink, they've offed me to the dealer. Plus, when I needed to up the warranty after I let it lapse, had to order from the dealer.

Latest resources

Back