• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pepwave TTL knowledge share

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is an example of changing TTL to defeat throttling.

Just to keep this subject alive...here is proof that TTL = 64 produced CRAZY results!! I went from under 1Mpbs, to over 27...I’ll take it!

I ran several tests, including switching back to Auto, and after 3 rounds, have come to the conclusion that 64 works magic for Verizon, who throttled THE CRAP outta my Pre-paid SIM!! :mad:

June 18, 2020: I found that 64 made the Verizon SIM smoke!
1592484719538.png

Interesting, I thought 64 was the number to avoid. Sometimes rebooting the router helps as it may be locked on to a distant tower and maybe it finds a better tower to serve you? I don't know. There are so many factors involved with this but I'm glad you found gold.

From my experience and understanding, it appears to have more to do with the change then the actual number. As long as the TTL number is "valid" the VZN throttle algorithm needs time to catch up to the change and apply the throttle again.
If you run that TTL for awhile you might see the throttle reapplied once VZN determines your use.
VZN throttling is Like playing whack-a-mole.
Also as Neal said there is a tremendous amount of factors other than TTL that determines your cell signal bandwidth.

Latest resources

Back