Majestic
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Ford Triton E450
Fulltimer
No
Hello RV'ers! I wanted to ask everyone what they use to prevent rats/mice/etc from getting into their RV and causing damage. I had my furnace serviced the other day and the guy saw a ton of rat poop. It was old but I wanted to see what I can do to prevent if moving forward. Your time is much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello RV'ers! I wanted to ask everyone what they use to prevent rats/mice/etc from getting into their RV and causing damage. I had my furnace serviced the other day and the guy saw a ton of rat poop. It was old but I wanted to see what I can do to prevent if moving forward. Your time is much appreciated! Thank you!
The most interesting suggestion I've ever seen is to go into your coach at night and turn on the lights everywhere , open up all the cabinetry. Then go outside the coach, look under it, too, and look for any places where the light is shining through. Those places need to be sealed, with critterproof stuff.
We have never had critters (that I know of!) in our coaches. But I never have food in it that's not well sealed. And I keep it clean.
One time, in an abundance of caution, I had the entire coat sprayed inside and out. The pest control technician found in one of the exterior bays ( I can't remember which) an egg sac of a BROWN widow spider. It has a ball shaped egg sack with spikes all over - they look like a coronavirus molecule. The tech was so excited about his find; he caught the little 'lady' and took her egg sac to show his friends, I guess. Our coach is stored in a facility out in the country near where we live (there's no room at our house). It is covered on 3 sides, not completely enclosed.
(Yes, BROWN widow spider. I've never heard of such a thing until then. They are not as dangerous as the black widow, but I was still happy that we had it done.)

Last edited:
This does not work for everyone due to being pet owners however, it works for me. We live in the foothills of Fresno ca. Lots and lots of mice and rats. I have already have had to fix electrical wires due to rodents. Fortunately nothing serious!! This product works very well not only for the MH but around and in the home!! I would give this product a 10 as I have been using this product for about 5 years now with extremely good results.
Screenshot_20220319-095500_Samsung Internet.jpg

This does not work for everyone due to being pet owners however, it works for me. We live in the foothills of Fresno ca. Lots and lots of mice and rats. I have already have had to fix electrical wires due to rodents. Fortunately nothing serious!! This product works very well not only for the MH but around and in the home!! I would give this product a 10 as I have been using this product for about 5 years now with extremely good results.View attachment 11245
Yikes, we do have a sweet tiny poodle. If I have this 'new' coach fumigated, I'll be sure to tell the guy. I wonder if it would be useful to put that outside our coach where we store it. I always keep our dog on a leash when we're out there, so she wouldn't be able get into the stuff, if she wanted to.

We take along our big tomcat. He keeps the mice away and the dogs at bay. As to bugs and such, he eats them. Nothing like an 18 lb neutered tomcat with an attitude.

The most interesting suggestion I've ever seen is to go into your coach at night and turn on the lights everywhere , open up all the cabinetry. Then go outside the coach, look under it, too, and look for any places where the light is shining through. Those places need to be sealed, with critterproof stuff.
We have never had critters (that I know of!) in our coaches. But I never have food in it that's not well sealed. And I keep it clean.
One time, in an abundance of caution, I had the entire coat sprayed inside and out. The pest control technician found in one of the exterior bays ( I can't remember which) an egg sac of a BROWN widow spider. It has a ball shaped egg sack with spikes all over - they look like a coronavirus molecule. The tech was so excited about his find; he caught the little 'lady' and took her egg sac to show his friends, I guess. Our coach is stored in a facility out in the country near where we live (there's no room at our house). It is covered on 3 sides, not completely enclosed.
(Yes, BROWN widow spider. I've never heard of such a thing until then. They are not as dangerous as the black widow, but I was still happy that we had it done.)
Thank you! We get brown widows here in Southern California.

This does not work for everyone due to being pet owners however, it works for me. We live in the foothills of Fresno ca. Lots and lots of mice and rats. I have already have had to fix electrical wires due to rodents. Fortunately nothing serious!! This product works very well not only for the MH but around and in the home!! I would give this product a 10 as I have been using this product for about 5 years now with extremely good results.View attachment 11245
Thank you!

I have NO idea if it works, but I have NO critter infestation whatsoever. But I have four of these in the coach.
1647808909611.png

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back