Resolved Not good

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
ARD had a wire burn recently in the black box due to a bad connection

Theses terminal connectors don’t do well with multiple large wires, high resistance = 🔥

I think I would be inclined to use individual terminals that are properly crimped and use something like these

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@Neemer the KIB module I believe is a vbus for the 12v lighting, I had one internal short in my 2017 DS. This melted the potting material that seals the unit and created a lot of smoke. Replaced module and all was good.

@Neemer the KIB module I believe is a vbus for the 12v lighting, I had one internal short in my 2017 DS. This melted the potting material that seals the unit and created a lot of smoke. Replaced module and all was good.
Thanks for the reassurance, @NWIP. The smell of burning electrical has finally cleared out of the coach. My sinuses are a different story.

To close this one out, replacing the cord reel and the Kib module did the trick. I also ended up installing a new watchdog.

Props to the Newmar service center. They gave me a 1 July service center appointment on short notice that I ended up not needing. Those folks have taken good care of me from FPU to today. No complaints whatsoever.

To close this one out, replacing the cord reel and the Kib module did the trick. I also ended up installing a new watchdog.

Props to the Newmar service center. They gave me a 1 July service center appointment on short notice that I ended up not needing. Those folks have taken good care of me from FPU to today. No complaints whatsoever.
thats great to hear!! we have never had any issues getting support from Newmar's Service team... great to hear you are back in business... was there ever any indication of what caused the issue?

thats great to hear!! we have never had any issues getting support from Newmar's Service team... great to hear you are back in business... was there ever any indication of what caused the issue?
I’m 99.999% certain it was lightning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back