Picking up our first Class A Tuesday

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello and welcome!

Congratulations on the new rig. What fun adventures await you and your family.

I cannot imagine traveling without a tow vehicle, but I have met people along my travels that do and instead will rent a car when they need transportation. I have given people without a car rides to the grocery store. RVers do tend to be kind and helpful if you need a ride; however, it isn't something you can always count on. Some campgrounds have shuttle services so that would be something to inquire about.

You can add a bike rack to your coach and depending on where you camp, perhaps you can get by with bicycles. And then there is public transportation. Be sure to check in advance for your options for public transportation whether it's a bus, uber etc as often there is none. It just depends on where you go.

Lastly, be sure to stock up on groceries and all the necessities before you hit the road so you don't have to worry about shopping and spend more time enjoying your family in the outdoors.

Happy travels!
Congratulations. I too have a BayStar (and love it) and no toad. I do use the bicycle and plan my stays at campgrounds where I can get to the grocery store, pharmacy, and hardware store, on the bicycle. No toad allows be to back in at truck stops that require it. Of course this requires careful planning.

I only rent a car on long stays for tourist stuff - no more than 3x per year. If you RV to see a lot of stuff and require a car on each trip, a toad will be helpful.

For groceries, I stock up at home, and cook and freeze all that I can get in the freezer and refrigerator. Also, Walmart, and some Sam’s Clubs have large enough parking lots to stock up between stops.

Have fun.

Looks sweet, congrats!
We picked up our Bay Star last month and love it. I'm sure you'll love yours too.

Right off the bat, we got a TPMS, new rocking chair for me, and a portable fire pit.

We did not get the paint-microbe protection this time because we had it before on our last MH and it did nothing for us. It's an "application" that the dealer does, so after-the-fact refund might not be possible.

Hello all. We are picking up our 2022 Baystar sport 3315 Tuesday. We purchased the extended warranty, coach net, tire and wheel protection, paint protection and microbe treatment. Super excited to make some memories with our young kids (9 & 5).

I wanted to pick some of your brains and ask about:
A. Any essential upgrades/accessories?
B. Tips for traveling without a tow vehicle, or tips in general! We're newbies to class A.
C. Recommended routes or trips to take. We live in West Virginia.

Thanks in advance!!!View attachment 11239View attachment 11240View attachment 11241View attachment 11242
We are picking up our 2006 Dutch Star Tuesday also! I will be following your threads as we are newbies also. Congrats and best of luck!!

I tried to book a site for the "new moon" week of Memorial Day. I was looking at it in Feb, and all of the sites were booked! I reserved a place about 14 miles away, where we will leave our travel trailer and drive to Cherry Springs at dusk. Good luck with your reservations! And try to time your visit to Cherry Springs for a moonless night (new moon).
Sounds great! Will look to book a site this summer.

Also, what app or navigation system does everyone use for clearances etc? As far as general traveling, are there known rv friendly spots like Walmart, etc? Or do people just use truck stops or rest areas? Where is the best place to refill propane?
"

Latest resources

Back