Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, perhaps images that are TOO large, will only show up as links...here is the above Pano, resized by using the handles AFTER drag and dropping...
View attachment IMG_5515.jpeg

Nope...the 6,000px image doesn't show up.
Here is a 1600px version of it...
IMG_5515.jpeg

Ah HA!! So, there we go; images that are too large, will only show up as a link on the WEB version.

Still, Tapatalk is able to read the imbedded file and the preview, which gives you a double image IF IT WAS PLACED BY DRAG & DROP.

Wow! The resolution and color saturation on those photos is stunning, as are the photos themselves. And, I'm only viewing them on my Gen 3 iPad. What camera are you using to take the photos? A long-time photographer would like to know.

Well done!

TJ

There is an attach files button below the editor here on the web. On the toolbar is an insert image button. I've been using the attach files button to attach an image.

In this experiment I attached a file and then I see insert buttons for "Thumbnail | Full Image" - I'll insert inline the Full Image.

If you don't insert/inline it then it will likely just show as an attachment.

captain-gizmo.png

By the way folks, meet Captain Gizmo above - his latest selfie.

Thanks TJ, I've been a Photographer for just a few...um...decades...ok, for over 50 years. Having professional experience helps a ton. Also loving and knowing technology helps when it comes to controlling the camera to do exactly what I want. Finally, using editing tools to fine-tune my images to make them enhance and reflect what I saw is tantamount.

All this said, my multi-thousand dollar DSLRs now stay at home and the "best camera is the one I carry"...all the time...which is my iPhone!!! These were taken with my iPhone XS Max and would have been even BETTER, had I taken them with my new iPhone 11 Pro Max.

The imagery that can be captured with an iPhone is just nothing short of miraculous! iPhone won't "yet" hold up to the cropping and enlargement capabilities of my 40MP, nor the low-light ability of my Sony's, but when you learn how to control the iPhone's camera, it's simply mind-blowing what can be done! Apple has pulled off a feat that most people completely take for granted!

Speaking of Photography, this is my new toy (Nikon D850) and really came in handy at the recent Balloon Fiesta. Now if only I could figure out how to use it!!!

nikon-d850.png

There are no size restrictions on images, i.e. dimensions, I have it to unlimited, but the file size is around 20 MB if I recall.

If you use Insert Image from the toolbar it auto-inlines it.

If you attach a file you have to manually inline the image otherwise it will be an external link to view.

wacka-wacka Neal...you beat me to it, but I was going to compliment you on YOUR selfie!! LOL

Anyways...YEAH...I've used the ATTACH button, but even with your post, TT still shows 2 images. I'm sure that "attaching an image won't place it "inline", but merely append it to the post.

Hmm, the "insert image" icon in the toolbar. Command-P...uh, er...what the? These guys REALLY chose the most common Print command for that shortcut...yikes.

IMG_8261.jpeg

Anyways, let's see if putting an image INLINE WITHIN the text body makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back