• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Polson, Montana

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Surprising Difference. Granted the test went to two different nodes but the download speed of my Comcast connection was 111mbps on Fast.Com and 180+mbps on Speedtest.com. And more important difference was the measured latency, 111ms as measured by Fast.com and 26ms on Speedtest. The upload speed was virtually the same, 11 mbps

Thanks. That is helpful.

Okay, but how do I compare if Verizon is measured in Kbps and AT&T is measured in Mbps? 3.4 Mbps vs. 120 Kbps?
1mbps = 1,000kbps

so Verizon is saying .12mbps? That’s awful slow. Not even good enough for email or browsing.

When we were at Polson last week I recall ATT was quite solid, Verizon crap, and the wifi was undependable, (and when it wasn't undependable it was pretty slow). That's my measurements from pete.com-very scientific! ;-)

You'd think with sites selling for 100, 300, 500k, (whatever they can get!) they could spend a bit of the profits or HOA fees on some decent connectivity. Maybe they local infrastructure just can't support it but geez!

I have to try Fast.com for awhile as I'm frustrated with speedtest.

@ARD I hope you got to meet a few of our fellow RVForum.com members during your stay. I think several were/are there along with TJ and Lady Di?

Surprising Difference. Granted the test went to two different nodes but the download speed of my Comcast connection was 111mbps on Fast.Com and 180+mbps on Speedtest.com. And more important difference was the measured latency, 111ms as measured by Fast.com and 26ms on Speedtest. The upload speed was virtually the same, 11 mbps
Latency! My brain is exploding. Okay, I had to look that up.

So redid the tests at 4:27 pm. Just AT&T, since Verizon isn't very good here.

Fast.com: 10Mbps / 11Mbps upload; Latency: Unloaded 41 ms/ Loaded 99 ms
Speedtest.com: 62.3 Mbps Download/13.1 Mbps Upload; Ping 116 ms

Okay, so if that helps ya'll, yay! For me, I just need to know which one works better. LOL. Thanks everyone for making me a wee bit smarter. Oh @MapNerd thanks for the conversion. I eventually would have thought of that. ?

I have to try Fast.com for awhile as I'm frustrated with speedtest.

@ARD I hope you got to meet a few of our fellow RVForum.com members during your stay. I think several were/are there along with TJ and Lady Di?

Me too! I'm going to use both so I can get a better understanding. Thanks @redbaron for keeping me "in the know." @VTPete I have had a chance to meet up @TJ&LadyDi and @J&JD. It's been great hanging out with them. Also met up with a couple from San Diego that I met 2 years ago in San Antonio. What a great lifestyle. So much fun. Enjoy your time up there. I am jealous. Twice I've made the mistake of not staying at North American. Won't make it again. Will eventually write a review of the campground in Kalispell that I left this past Monday. ?

The att test on speedtest would suggest you can stream 4k HD. Fast.com test shows you cannot, but you can stream hd...which is excellent.

The att test on speedtest would suggest you can stream 4k HD. Fast.com test shows you cannot, but you can stream hd...which is excellent.
That puts things in perspective. Thanks. ?

You know, I could make a dead simple map app to collect this info and display it. @Neal would you host it? Just JS, HTML and CSS. DB will be in the clouds. I could also host it externally and you
could just iFrame it.
Done yet?

Latest resources

Back