• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Potential new TOAD

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Our choice ended up to be a Ford Flex. Checked all the boxes for us. IMG_0553.jpeg

Last edited:
Great move to flat tow! Good luck

Our choice ended up to be a Ford Flex. Checked all the boxes for us.View attachment 20165
I had a spark plug boot on my air fitting too (supplied by M&G) and it still got clogged. I ran high pressure air backwards through the line and got a big, wet, blob of crud out of it, and unfortunately the Admiral was standing right in front of the fittin when it came blasting out. But it was clear that while it was plugged I had no toad brakes, so now I keep a rubber cap on it when disconnected so there’s no chance of crud getting in there.

I tow a Kia Forte GT, manual transmission, with a Blue Ox base plate a road master tow bar. Love it, nice little car with a lot of pep. Hitch it up, throw it in neutral, shut the door, and hit the road.\ It is a 2023 model.

That's great to hear you can still get something like a Forte GT with a manual, heck even finding a Civic with a manual is tough and if you want it sporty, it's $40K. I'm still a very, very long ways off from finding that inexpensive. I really like the specs on the KIA stinger, if I could have it Rwd and with a 6 speed manual, I would have bought one already.

Why do you want a RWD? Mine is FWD, I had a Ford Focus FWD and both do well. I just want to have a vehicle to go places when I arrive at my destination.

That's great to hear you can still get something like a Forte GT with a manual, heck even finding a Civic with a manual is tough and if you want it sporty, it's $40K. I'm still a very, very long ways off from finding that inexpensive. I really like the specs on the KIA stinger, if I could have it Rwd and with a 6 speed manual, I would have bought one already.
There may be a 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport (6 speed) available sometime.

We’ve been towing it since we bought it new and are looking to move to a Grand Cherokee or something.

Why do you want a RWD? Mine is FWD, I had a Ford Focus FWD and both do well. I just want to have a vehicle to go places when I arrive at my destination.
368hp in a FWD car weighing 3900lb would perform poorly (& dangerously). It's AWD as is due to the number of folks in the target demographic lacking the skill to handle that power in a RWD only car.

Latest resources

Back