• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Potentially probable new travel trailer couple

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I pulled a 25' Prime Time Tracer Executive with my Expedition. Loved the trailer. Nice size bathroom, private bedroom, and nice entertainment center, and outside kitchen. The only downside was you had to crawl over the dinette table to get to the bathroom with the slide closed.

Thanks for all that Rosy. I was reading where about 1500 extra pounds should automatically be figured in to the unladen weigh. I would probably increase that to at least 2000lbs myself at a minimum just for safety's sake and piece of mind. I wasn't thinking that my half-ton shouldn't be used for a 5th wheel configuration and none of the dealers I spoke with hesitated when I asked about it. We are talking about the 5.7L 8cyl engine now right? The vehicle is rated for 9700 TWR.
I think mine might be 9400 lb because I have 4x4 and the big fuel tank.

My payload is only 1270 lbs, though. Rough guess is my actual tongue weight on my 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 25SE is around 800 lb (vs the 555 quoted by the manufacturer). That leaves 470 lbs for passengers, gear in the truck and mods. Best guess is I'll be 400 lb over that payload capacity if we continue to camp with this truck and trailer when my kids are grown.

I pulled a 25' Prime Time Tracer Executive with my Expedition. Loved the trailer. Nice size bathroom, private bedroom, and nice entertainment center, and outside kitchen. The only downside was you had to crawl over the dinette table to get to the bathroom with the slide closed.
Full access to everything in my trailer with the slide in and I'm happy with the quality so far. But I think they changed their model line a bit for 2022.

Thanks Germanrazor. I really appreciate any responses I can get on this and more. What do you haul it with? My Tundra is rated for 9700 TWR. What's WDH please? So, how do you get an RVF supporter title?
Oh. Weight Distribution Hitch. DOH!
Got a picture of the payload sticker inside your driver's door?

Thanks Germanrazor. I really appreciate any responses I can get on this and more. What do you haul it with? My Tundra is rated for 9700 TWR. What's WDH please? So, how do you get an RVF supporter title?
Oh. Weight Distribution Hitch. DOH!
My tow truck is a F250 Super Duty with a 7.3 gasser. Tow capacity is a hair over 15,000 lbs and tongue weight about 1525 I think. Cargo Capacity is just over 3000 lbs. A WDH is a weight distribution hitch.

I also added the Timbrens frame stops to replace the stock ones. They were rated at maybe 8400 lbs. There is no squat what so ever when our fifth wheel is loaded and hooked up. Hardly squatted without the Timbrens to be truthful. I just wanted to add some extra protection.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back