Jessiecall

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Skyline
RV Model
Nomad
RV Length
Hi all, new to these forums. I am going to be fixing a couple of issues on my travel trailer and I am really in need of a very knowledgeable community to help out with some questions I might have.

I'll try to give as much information as I have and hopefully someone has had the same issue as me and can kinda get me pointed in the right directions. I have a 2010 Skyline Nomad and I am have an issue with the power converter I believe. While I am plugged in to shore power my 12 volt lights and other things continue to run off the battery or don't work at all if no battery is hooked up. I checked the battery and its in good shape and I also checked to see if the battery was being charged while power was plugged in with my volt meter and there is no charge going back to the battery. I almost forgot I have a WF-8955PEC power converter I also checked the power wire from the battery to the converter to make sure there were no breaks and I am getting practically the same voltage as when I check the battery so it doesn't look like there is any power lose.

So my question would be where should I check next. I am trying to figure out how to check or where to check for a 12 volt output. I am thinking if I am dead at the fuses with the shore power that would be a sign that the converter needs to be replaced. Oh one thing I forgot to mention. I do not or can not find any type of battery cutoff switch. I noticed several people mention one of those but I cant find if we have one. I went through all the manuals that came with it and have seen nothing that says we have one and i have found nothing online either

Latest resources

Back