Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
I've been losing shore power on and off today. I start my genset and use it until the power is restored. The last time it would not switch back to 50 amp shore power. Everything works as it should on genset power but when I turned the genset off, it goes to inverter rather than shore. The inverter seems to be working fine. Could it be the transfer switch? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. My Progressive EMS is showing 120 on each leg. 2017 Ventana 4369

I solved this problem but now have a different one. I unplugged from my portable Progressive EMS and plugged direct to the pedestal and all works well. Thanks, guys.

Answer: Yes.

More specifically the control board. Having read other posts on this issue I would be checking connections to the board to make sure you are not ready for a fire.

Your genset has priority, I don’t believe it will switch back automatically when shore power is restored.

Your genset has priority, I don’t believe it will switch back automatically when shore power is restored.
Thanks, I am aware of that. I solved the problem. See post #2.

But you didn't explain what the problem was - bad Progressive EMS?

But you didn't explain what the problem was - bad Progressive EMS?
I unplugged from my portable Progressive EMS and plugged it directly into the pedestal and all works well. No error code on the Progressive EMS. I had a similar problem about 6 months ago. I had a bad blade on the male shore connector or so I thought. It would work fine if plugged into the pedestal but not if plugged into the Progressive. I changed the male plug and its worked until now. When I unplugged the cord from the Progressive, I noticed one of the blades was bent so I'm wondering if the Progressive has a bad female plug. 120VAC on L 1 & 2 verified with EMS and VOM.

Latest resources

Back