• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pre delivery inspection

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dealers will generally do a check in and a basic once over of the units they take in and sell. With that being said, having an outside set of eyes that is not invested in the sale could be a good idea.
By the way, what are you buying?
With bigger more complicated items it gets even more important.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

We are looking at the Grand design reflection 226rk fifth wheel. We know which RV we want. Basically shopping for the right dealer at this point. Some are charging for a PDI and some aren't.

Personal experience is the PDI is included in the sale price, but I am not surprised to see a dealer trying to charge extra for it.

The dealer should do it and should walk you thru every function in that thing until you are satisfied you know how it operates. We went to a class B the other day and the people had no idea about the rig they had bought. Just paid for it and got scooted out the door. Pathetic

I suppose they could be using it as negotiation tactic. Like, sure we can wave that $1500 fee. Buy from us 👍
Is this a new or used unit you are buying?
Ken

Most of the PDI fees we see are on used units. Some dealers give an option if you want to buy "as is" or pay for the complete walkthrough. Sometimes they give a bonus coverage term like 60 or 90 days to add value. With new it seems more like a split of the selling price. Not all states charge sales tax on things like freight and prep or things like that. Just watch the total down the road price you are quoted. How it is broken up by the dealer really doesn't matter as much as the total.
Let us know how we can help. We can help with financing for new and used.
Thank you,
Ken

It’s
Is it normal to have to pay extra for a PDI or should the dealer do it with no charge?
a scam for them to charge more. I made them remove those charges. General RV added around 5000 in PDI and other bogus charges. They did manage to get me for 599 they said is was a charge by the state of VA. I found out later it was another lie. The worst buying experience of my life,
stay away from General Rv.

Latest resources

Back