Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVer78

RVF Newbee
Hi, my family is renting a travel trailer. The main bed is open to the rest of the quarters with no divider of any kind. We’ll have our 5 kids with us and my husband and I would like some privacy. Is there anything we can do?? (Obviously, without damaging the walls). We thought of maybe a tension rod (like a shower curtain rod) - not sure how long they make those… Has anyone experienced this before or have a solution? Any ideas?? Thanks so much!

Look on Amazon - they do have some lonnnnng tension rods. We installed one in our last coach, directly behind the driver and passenger seats, to separate the cab area from the 'house', so the cab AC could cool more efficiently. It sagged very slightly, but held amazingly well for at least 2 years. It took 3 shower curtains to cover the space well. We opted for plastic, for better insulation maybe, and black color for better privacy - impossible to see from outside that we even had those curtains. Later I replaced the center curtain with a "Tardis" one, because that's always the name of our coaches. 😆
When outside temps reached the mid 90s, we would have to turn on the generator and run the 'house' AC, but the curtain helped a lot up to that point.
In addition, we found that we liked it as an extra layer of privacy from the very open front of the coach - sometimes we didn't even bother to use the front window shades. It was like having a mudroom at the front.
In our new (to us) motorhome, I'm not sure there's a clear space on either side for using a tension rod, but I'm looking into it.

Latest resources

Back