Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

c1gmlm

RVF Newbee
My fridge has 2 options, 110v or propane. While on the road traveling can the propane be left on? Also, what about hot water while on the road, do I shut it down completely?

Thanks

I always traveled with the propane on for the fridge, but I shut down the WH, wife turned it on as soon as we parked, it heated up pretty quick

We traveled with propane on for the fridge when we had the old coach.

For hot water, if we needed it on the road we used the pump and propane for the water heater. Turned off the water heater when done and traveling.

I always leave my fridge running on propane while traveling. It keeps everything cold, and I’ve never had any problems. For the hot water, I keep it off while driving. It’s just one less thing to worry about, and like others said, it heats up fast once you’re at your destination.

My fridge has 2 options, 110v or propane. While on the road traveling can the propane be left on? Also, what about hot water while on the road, do I shut it down completely?

Thanks
We always leave the propane on. The fridge stays cold and when it's cold outside, the furnace runs. We shut the water heater down when driving as we have a heat exchanger. The engine keeps our water hot. When the engine is not running we turn the propane heater on again. When we have shore power the water heater is operated using electricity.

Darrell

One other piece of information…

Before you turn in the water heater on electric, make sure the tank is full. If it is empty the electric heating elements will burn out quickly.

We always turned on propane to get hot water first, then after running a faucet to get air out, switch to electric.

Latest resources

Back