• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GoofyRVer

RVF Newbee
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post so I apologize if there is any criteria I missed. I have been searching around for a little and I cannot find anything to really help me out.

The wife and I left for a winter getaway from our full time RV set up in Montana. While we were gone the Propane company filled up everyone's tank but ours, I asked why, and they said that they accidentally overlooked it. We came home and had Zero propane. but they came out the next day we got home to fill it up, I do not know if that has anything to do with the faultiness of the heater right now.

Before we left we could be cozy at a constant 80 degrees inside even while temps were around 0, since we have come home the thermostat is set to 80 but shows as 64 degrees. The heater will heat up for about 6 minutes then stop until I go press the thermostat.

Any ideas of fixes or what could be causing this?

Last edited:
You probably have air in your lines. I don't know why they filled it if the tank was at zero. Our current (and previous) LP distributor will not fill a tank that is at zero unless it is a new set. They will test to see if there are any leaks in the system (to account of the tank being empty). This does cost. Needless to say, we never run our tank out. At 20% we go tell them it's time to refill. Right now we are at about 23%. It's not time yet. But the company we use tends to run out and deliver the same day if we get in there before noon. If we get in after noon, sometimes it's the same day, sometimes it's the next day. And we always tell them they don't hve to fill it the same or even the next day. We NEVER wait until the tank is almost empty.

You probably have air in your lines. I don't know why they filled it if the tank was at zero. Our current (and previous) LP distributor will not fill a tank that is at zero unless it is a new set. They will test to see if there are any leaks in the system (to account of the tank being empty). This does cost. Needless to say, we never run our tank out. At 20% we go tell them it's time to refill. Right now we are at about 23%. It's not time yet. But the company we use tends to run out and deliver the same day if we get in there before noon. If we get in after noon, sometimes it's the same day, sometimes it's the next day. And we always tell them they don't hve to fill it the same or even the next day. We NEVER wait until the tank is almost empty.
Yah 🤔🤔🤔

Latest resources

Back