• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Proper jack pads for motorhomes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We use Quality Plastics pads when necessary.

Good day,

We are new to RV camping, and we are trying to get the lay of the land. I have extensively researched recommended jack pads for hydraulic leveling system. We own a 2021 Jayco GreyHawk Prestige 29mvp (Class C) 32'. I've read many recommendations on DICA Road Warrior jack pads, and based on the company's website the 12" pads would fit our coach.

Can anyone confirm that the 12" pads are sufficient for our size motorhome, or do you recommend purchasing a larger size?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.
The 12” will probably be sufficient for your 29’ Class C, but being a “belt and suspenders” guy, I would go with the 15”. If you get someplace where the ground is soft, the larger pad may just save the day.

TJ

That is the primary benefit in my opinion of the SnapPad, it is installed, and forget about it, no crawling under the coach or trying to place a pad. I can see a "once in a while" need for a larger footprint (soft sand, etc) but so far I have had no issues with sinking in since adding SnapPads. Dug some pretty impressive holes before I got them though!

We had Snap Pads on our first coach and didn't think they provided enough increase in surface area to justify the high cost. We tend to stay at a lot of Harvest Hosts while traveling and Snap Pads didn't prevent jacks from sinking in. We found these at an RV Show and work well but even these we had them sink into grassy areas sometimes.
pads - 1.jpeg

Our coach has a 1/4" - 12"x12" piece of steel welded to the original round foot. Gives us a big footprint. The front pieces had to have the outside corner cut off for clearance when turning the tires.

On really soft ground I'll put out some homemade jack pads pictured below. I purchased a "Horse Stall Matt" from Tracker Supply back in 2018 for $48 and cut it up into 6 big squares. I rarely need them because the Snap Pads work 90% of the time. Nice side benefit is they make great entry matts for the outside steps when the ground is a bit muddy.
20180704_134847 (Medium).jpg

I rarely have to use them... I purchased large white plastic cutting boards at Walmart and only one has cracked thus far and still using it. Cut a hole in opposite corners for placement and removal. They're bungie corded together for simple storage.

Latest resources

Back