• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Property taxes NC

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Now, that really hurt! Your mother and I are the same age...and, I don't want anyone to "stay put" just because I only have 30-40 years left. :ROFLMAO:

TJ
Girl Reaction GIF

We like Georgia. 7% Tax when you buy a MH, then just a $20 tax renewal + a heavy vehicle highway user impact fee of $50 (15,500#) or $100 (26,000#) every year.

TT and 5vers you pay sales tax + annual property tax.

At age 62, 36k, and age 65 65k of pension income is tax free. No state income tax on SS benefits either.

Its not the cheapest in the country but considering that the cost of living is much lower than most other states, its a pretty good deal.

It's just a matter of time before we leave VA. The taxes have always been an issue for us. Since we don't want to go too far from family we have been considering TN. It still has the four season we love, just a little further from the beach. No state income tax. No personal property tax. Real estate taxes are very reasonable.

My wife used to teach at UT. We left Tenn 11 years ago because although it seems like a tax haven, the state is not on sound financial footing. we were not 100% sure she would have a fully funded pension when the time came.

IMO, a state needs a balanced sales, property and income tax. Florida is a bit different because of tourisim, non-residents in Florida pay a large portion of the taxes there.

A few have mentioned Colo. I lived there in the 70s, my sister still lives there and is in the mortgage business. Real estate values have gone crazy, not CA or NY crazy, but not far behind.

Thanks for all the input. NC charges me $2,300 property tax for the first year in Gaston county NC. No sewer,water or electric or garbage pickup. That's all paid for in my sticks and bricks property taxes. What a rip off.

Latest resources

Back