• Commercial/Vendors welcome

protecting towed vehicle

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The big advertising boards you see under the coaches, are nothing but advertising boards for the manufacturers.
They pick up more debris from the road than anything. I removed mine right away, and don’t have any chips or dents on my CRV in 5 years of towing it. As Roland said, a good set of mud flaps is all you need. Just my experience.
2X
I would also use a Protect-A-Tow but can't due to the position of my exhaust. This shouldn't be an issue with you.

We have a KarGard and although it can be a bit tempermental regards re-positioning it's never taken more than 10 minutes and 2 or 3 cuss words.
That seems 9 minutes and 2-3 cuss words too many for my comfort.

That seems 9 minutes and 2-3 cuss words too many for my comfort.
I have since dealt with the problem which was lining up the "holes" on the vertical attachment poles for insertion of the pins. I drilled out the holes slightly larger and now it's about 5 minutes and 0 cuss words.

I have since dealt with the problem which was lining up the "holes" on the vertical attachment poles for insertion of the pins. I drilled out the holes slightly larger and now it's about 5 minutes and 0 cuss words.
Good to hear!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back