RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Sandpiper
RV Model
384 QBOK
RV Length
38 ft
Hey guys. We are trading our Coleman in for a Sandpiper and will be picking it up Thursday. Of course they are trying to sell every “add on” in the book. I have always purchased extended warranties but the tire protection and protection package covering spills and such I am not sure about. Any advise?

Add ons are a profit center for the dealership. Pure and simple. And the cost is usually pretty high with lots of fine print making them a lot less useful than you thought when you bought it. I'd pass on most of the extended warranties, unless you're buying a Class A with tons of electronics and a $100k drive train. THEN I'd buy the extended warranty for sure!

Add ons are a profit center for the dealership. Pure and simple. And the cost is usually pretty high with lots of fine print making them a lot less useful than you thought when you bought it. I'd pass on most of the extended warranties, unless you're buying a Class A with tons of electronics and a $100k drive train. THEN I'd buy the extended warranty for sure!
Thank you! What about the Kevlar protection on the tires?

From what I've read it depends on the tires that are sold on the rv. Some tires just aren't up for much and would be better replaced. Search youtube for rv tires. There's a lot of info that I didn't even know was a thing to think about.

Thank you! What about the Kevlar protection on the tires?
Never heard of it but after being in the car/truck dealership business for 30 years it sounds like a REAL money maker for the Finance Manager when he's putting the hard sell on you to buy all that crap. :ROFLMAO:

If you want an extended warranty I'd ask the dealer if they offer any AFTERMARKET extended warranties. I know at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealers that I sell to now, they have told me the Chrysler extended warranty is something like $4500?? for a 5 yr/ 250,000k warranty that covers bumper to bumper. When I bought my new 2019 Ram 1500 with the new 8 speed auto trans, I was worried about a failure since I put 50k miles a year on this truck as my Company Car. (I own it but my company gives me $800/mo. to pay for it) I also found out from talking to my dealer customers that the 8 speed is one of those transmissions that are so complex they don't work on them. They send them back and just install a new one. That sounded like AT LEAST a $7500 expense so I bought the extended warranty. But I bought an AFTERMARKET extended warranty they sell and it was only $2500 for the same 5 years and 250,000k miles. See if they offer anything like that. If not, keep shopping I'm sure you can find someone who does. And you can ALWAYS buy the warranty from ANY dealer. It doesn't have to be the dealer you bought the RV from. But the selling dealer isn't going to tell you that either!! :LOL:

I purchased an extended warranty on my Ventana LE. It was very expensive but since the coach was 5 years old I thought it would be a good idea for peace of mind. So far I have not had to use it. If you get one ask a lot of questions. My policy for example has a milage cap of 15K miles a year. If I was a full timer that may have be an issue. Also .... if you get a warranty call the number you get (a couple times a year) to verify its active and they have your records. Ask me how I know.

Extra tire protection coverage or any type of spill protection coverage would be the very last thing I would purchase. Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back