Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Thanks to @redbaron I learned that PTL is the one that makes the entry doors for our coaches. You can get the stainless/chrome entry door lock assembly from them, different bumpers if your door isn't closing properly, the mov-a-bolt if needed, and in my case recently a new screen door as the slamming caused mine to break the bracket at the top.

But most importantly this post is about their customer service. They are absolute tops. They have been super friendly, things that they take responsibility for they will handle for you, and the several times I have worked with them I could not be more pleased. So if you have anything you want to fix, change, etc. with the entry and screen door contact PTL and you will be pleased.

When were at Newmar in June for service, they replaced our roll-up screen because if was binding. The tech installed a short strap with a snap on it and the mating snap on the bottom of the screen. He said all new Newmar coaches now have the snap to prevent just what you describe.

I strongly suggest that anyone without such a snap installed get one from Newmar and install it. It is a simple job. And, I'm sure the snap kit can be obtained through PTL or Newmar. Having one will prevent the damaging, unexpected roll-up...and, the heart-stopping moment when it happens.

TJ

TJ:

I too got a new screen with strap, but they did not put a screw on the strap to hold it in place on the bottom. Did newmar install the screw for you? Can you share a pic of where the screw is best located?

@redbaron:

They secured my strap with a Pop Rivet, but a screw and washer should work just as well. The snap is secured with a square-drive screw. Below are some photos.

TJ

Screen Snap 1.JPG

Screen Snap 3.JPG
Screen Snap 2.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back