Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dralkyr

RVF Regular
I have looked at posts all over but haven't found anything like this.

Our water pump fills the pressure once. We can hear it pump through the walls and all the faucets, toilet, etc all work. But then it won't fill again. I use the water and when that's gone (about 1 quart from the kitchen sink) we can't get anymore. The pump is turning on. When I put a free hose onto the pump out it pushes water out, then I hook it up to the rv line and it pushes water through the rv again. I can't find any leaks and I've even taken it apart to make sure the regulator and impeller are in good condition.

Most posts and troubleshooting guides are for the pump not pushing at all. But here it does pump, then stops. So confused.

You might check for a line blockage or kink under pressure

Sounds like the pressure switch is sticking closed when pressured up. Pumps are less then $100. You could get a rebuild kit, depends how hands on you want to get.

Sounds like the pressure switch is sticking closed when pressured up. Pumps are less then $100. You could get a rebuild kit, depends how hands on you want to get.
Yah had a lot of problems with the pressure switch. I use a well pump pressure switch in my rig to avoid constant rebuilding. I also use a ABSmith expansion tank rather than that cheap plastic RV expansion junk.

That actually sounds like the most likely, given that it fills the first time.

Latest resources

Back