Purchase new or not.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Happy New Year all !!!!
My wife and I are looking to purchase a Newmar Dutch Star or the Ventana. My question is, if we buy new are there common issues that happen within the first 1000-5000 miles. We have heard from friends to buy one that is used with low miles so all the kinks should be fixed. Do you agree or not??? Would love to see what you think.
Thanks Dave

We bought a new Newmar in 2020. Although it’s been a great rig there have been several small issues that have shown the poor response by Newmar and Bish’s in Junction City to correct. When we were in the process of buying the rig they were as proactive as possible. After we signed on the dotted line, we were treated like third class citizens. These were small issues and I swear they just tried to wear us down with poor or no responses. I’d give them a D- grade for after purchase response. Tim

We bought a new Newmar in 2020. Although it’s been a great rig there have been several small issues that have shown the poor response by Newmar and Bish’s in Junction City to correct. When we were in the process of buying the rig they were as proactive as possible. After we signed on the dotted line, we were treated like third class citizens. These were small issues and I swear they just tried to wear us down with poor or no responses. I’d give them a D- grade for after purchase response. Tim
I know how you feel about after the paper work is signed, we had the same results from our dealer. Maybe with sales not as strong, dealers might take more of an interest in keeping the customer satisfied. I always say good news travels fast ,but bad news travels faster.

Thank you to everyone that has replied to my question. Someone said they dealt with Kim at NIRVC and ironically so have we and liked her knowledge and thoroughness.
Happy travels to all.

Latest resources

Back