Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lynwood

RVF Regular
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum. I need some input.
I have owned a,
Pop-up & an A Class 33 for.
Currently pulling a travel trailer. It’s a 29 ft. We are prepping for retirement and will need something larger.
My Chevy 1500 is equipped to pull 11,600 max with a max pin weight, after passengers and small accessories, of max 1500 lbs.
In determination of whether to pull a larger trailer, 5th wheeler, or go to a mother home again, it come down to which one will be the easiest for me to handle as I age.

What would your opinions be?

Test drive many. Remember F53 gas MH’s often need chassis modifications for a more favorable ride.

how will you be using the unit? Full time? Part time? Most time? Any specific needs, like ADA compliments?

how will you be using the unit? Full time? Part time? Most time? Any specific needs, like ADA compliments?
Looking to head South in Jan-Feb, then three to four time thru spring to fall one week at a time. Don’t require any Ada accesaries

I would offer that a 5th wheel might be the best for this. Motorhomes are expensive and they don’t like sitting. Though, they’re far easier to set up and tear down. For the kind of minimal use you are talking about though, unless you have specific physical limitations a fifth wheel seems right. A nice airstream would also do well I think.

Latest resources

Back