Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerry Clements

RVF Newbee
I have Dometic fridge in a 30 ft V lite Forest River. The electronic board is bad and is no longer available. I would like to replace with a 110 unit that would fit in the space. Any suggestions. I don’t want to pay the high price to replace the current unit.

My suggestion is to get the measurements (height and width) then go to a decent appliance store with them and a tape measure. Make sure you leave an inch or two above the fridge for air flow purposes. Then you will need to secure the bottom and top somehow so it will not be relocated during travel.

I would do it in a heart beat. The 120 volt plug is already there. Just make sure you secure it to the rig, and you will also probably need to do some modifications

Jack L

Our last two RVs have had residential refers, I certainly would not want to go back to using an RV refer anytime soon. Is there a way you can test that 110 outlet when you are not on shore power and plugged in to your tow vehicle to see if you have power there? Just wondering if you will be able to automatically run a residential frig while towing in your current RV or will you have to make some further modifications.

I would do it in a heart beat. The 120 volt plug is already there. Just make sure you secure it to the rig, and you will also probably need to do some modifications

Jack L
Thanks we have had five RV’s and I have never trusted or liked the ones that come in them!

Latest resources

Back