• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Questions on DS Options

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In regards to paint option, when we did our build sheet for a 2020 you could change any or all colors at a price of $2000. We were told we could not change graphics at all.

We will go and talk about the paint and see what they can show us. No graphics, just colors. Would really love to see blue somewhere in our color scheme.

just get some blue in the color scheme

I totally understand that. What Entegra does with that blue accent on their Anthem looks really, really sharp. I’m a red guy, and opted to add a maroon color to the standard Wylie exterior.

I totally understand that. What Entegra does with that blue accent on their Anthem looks really, really sharp. I’m a red guy, and opted to add a maroon color to the standard Wylie exterior.

We really looked hard at an Anthem; we really liked the blue and the two year warranty-oh, and the fan in the master. Just can’t see spending that much more. Then take a step down to an Aspire. The line by line comparison doesn’t add up. The DS living space is so much more! Gotta go Newmar! Entegra does do a nice paint job, I’ll give them that!

Regarding the Girard $14k option, the slide toppers are better designed, in my opinion. No leaves or debris get caught because of how the toppers are attached. Leaves fall off rather than being drawn into the slides when closing. We went with the package and are happy. After the discount, the real cost is much less. Another plus, I think, is all the window awnings are powered. Are the Carefree window awnings? Or do you have to use a pole to extend/retract?

Tip & Tina, Regards the "special paint". Newmar has a palate/chart of all the colors they offer. You can choose from any color which they use. Someone from Newmar; probably Natalie Miller can send you the color chart. But be careful, as the colors are close. but not a true color, as when seen on a coach. What I did was find a coach with a particular "color code paint", in which I was interested, and look at the coach in "real life"! That made a big difference in my actual color selection! Even the "rendering" which Newmar sends, does not match the actual paint colors. Long story short, be careful in color selection, & KNOW what the color looks like on an actual Newmar coach! As stated, actual cost will run from $1700-1900.

And "FPU" is the only way to go! Worth every penny, even if one has had a previous Newmar. There is always something to learn, or relearn!

Good luck, enjoy the order experience, get Natalie to send you picutures of your coach, as the build progresses; and most of all enjoy your NEWMAR!!

As a follow up-we went with the full Girard package. After going back to the dealer and seeing a DS with the full package and seeing a slightly older one without, it was clear that there was a difference. DH decided that the full package was the way to go. We put our salesman to the test explaining it and making him understand that the brochure does not explain it well nor does Newmar's website. He finally agreed and went full throttle to show us the difference. We were sold. Thanks for all your help on this critical item!

Good for you. Can you explain the differences as detailed by your sales guy?

He pointed out that the Girard slide toppers were tighter and closer to the slides. Also, if I remember right, they had "sweepers" on them to help clear leaves off when bringing them in. The Carefree was a little looser and hung down when on the slide.

We had those on the Canyon Star. They seemed OK-we had to get on the roof to clear leaves before bringing the slides in though. They hung slack and rain would accumulate and when bringing them in water could gush in the house. Got water dumped on my head a few times as the DH pulled in the driver's side slide and I was sitting in the driver's seat. Learned to keep a towel handy after the rain and we were leaving.

Latest resources

Back