Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I have seen several communications about using using quick release couplers on water hoses. I was thinking about setting them up and realized that if I use a release on the “city water” inlet then when the hose is disconnected for travel bugs whatever could have access. I am very conscientious about not exposing any city water making contact with anything foreign.

Am I too annal ?

I have seen several communications about using using quick release couplers on water hoses. I was thinking about setting them up and realized that if I use a release on the “city water” inlet then when the hose is disconnected for travel bugs whatever could have access. I am very conscientious about not exposing any city water making contact with anything foreign.

Am I too annal ?
If you're uncomfortable with the concept then no!

Our city water inlet has a screen/rubber gasket. If you add the quick connect to this the screen would still be there to prevent bugs getting in.
Or - you could make a quick connect plug to attach after removing the quick connect hose.

Ihave quick disconnects on all but the coach water inlet. I put the plastic plug in it when not in use.

Realize that I don't have a reason to save a few seconds, but when I started, or should I say restarted my journey, I purchased quick disconnects. In a very short order I retired them.

Why?
I don't know if they are built the same way they were in the 90's but the ones I bought reduced the fitting size. Reduced hole size, reduced flow, reduced . . .

Two or three seconds ment the difference in a quality shower. Something had to go.

If you need to screw an adapter on the bib anyway what's the advantage? I get the coach side of things but my coiled hose is connected at the ends to keep it clean!

There are a couple different types of quick connects, some of them severely reduce the size of tube while others are almost unrestricted.

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4921.jpeg
    IMG_4921.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 4
I just added them to mine. But really, only because screwing the hose to the camper is a pain in the a$$. It seems some one would make a female fitting for the camper that you can get ahold of.

I just added them to mine. But really, only because screwing the hose to the camper is a pain in the a$$. It seems some one would make a female fitting for the camper that you can get ahold of.
agree, I have arthritis and those RV connections are a bi**h, I use them on the black water flush

Latest resources

Back