Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
According to my wife, I am the noisiest human to ever inhabit a motor home. In my defense, I generally get up earlier than my wife, so that tends to make me a target by default. But this morning, I was determined to prove her wrong.

Newmar’s choice of bypass doors didn’t help me any. Anyone had any luck opening/closing these things quietly? Can’t be done. But I couldn’t wander freely in the living room without first separating it from the bedroom, so shut them I did. Multiply that by two, because the dog wasn’t accommodating enough to come out at the same time I did.

So here I am, standing in a dark living room and needing to turn on some accent lights. Newmar backlights the light switches, but I left my glasses in the bedroom. No way I’m doing battle with that door again, so I decide to wing it. BTW, how many of you know that the bedroom light button is just above the living room light button? I kept pressing it, thinking it just wasn’t working. Not a mistake I want to make again, lol.

At this point, I had done nothing more than reinforce Trish’s original assessment and was beginning to wonder if I should ever be left unattended.

Coffee will make it better, it always does. But that requires opening the cabinet, fishing out the mini-Keurig, finding the K-cups, filling the Keurig with water, plugging it in, finding a coffee mug, etc. I’m already on shaky ground here and really didn't need to upset the beast anymore than I had already.

So you know that dropping the mini-Keurig didn’t go over well. Nor did the cup bouncing across the floor as I made a swipe to save the Keurig. OK, screw it, no coming back from here. Leashed up Ryker, stomped down the steps and slammed the coach door.

I'll try again tomorrow.

The awning is a great place to be if you suffer from 'too much togetherness'. Set the awning up the night before, keurig plugged into the outside outlet, Chair and table set up. Sleep in your clothes and only use the campground restroom upon rising. Works for me.

I suppose in many ways I'm blessed my wife can't hear and is too prideful to get hearing aids. Jim, I do all that you said and when my wife finally awakens she'll say something like "...I sleep hard from 4 to 7..." (from the time I got up to sunrise 😊)

How long have you been in your camper that you don't know which switch does what?

I get up early and my wife gets up late but she's a pretty heavy sleeper. Luckily, I'll also never be as loud as the toddler who also goes camping with us.

How long have you been in your camper that you don't know which switch does what?

Funny, that exactly what Trish said.

But when you say it, I feel you are genuinely asking a question. When Trish said it, there was a sarcastic, rhetorical flavor to it. 😊

To answer your question, there are no less than 32 backlit plastic buttons throughout the living room, on separate panels and in configurations of 6 buttons each. In the dark, these old eyes don’t always see things clearly. All I had to do what press "ACCENT LTS". I pressed the one above it.

She just loved that. :rolleyes:

DSCN0229.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Funny, that exactly what Trish said.

But when you say it, I feel you are genuinely asking a question. When Trish said it, there was a sarcastic, rhetorical flavor to it. 😊

To answer your question, there are no less than 32 backlit plastic buttons throughout the living room, on separate panels and in configurations of 6 buttons each. In the dark, these old eyes don’t always see things clearly. All I had to do what press "ACCENT LTS". I pressed the one above it.

She just loved that. :rolleyes:

View attachment 16372
Yikes! I'll stick with my trailer that has 4 switches by the front door, none of which turn on the lights in the bedroom, thankfully.

Can’t stop laughing. 😂

At least none of those buttons are “light master” like the one immediately next to the “master bed scone” switch in our rig.

This story sound very familiar… 🤔😂

2 years and I still push the wrong multplex light buttons. Need my glasses to read them.

Do you have a headlamp or a mini electric lantern? I find those to be godsends when trying to be quiet when everyone else is sleeping.

Latest resources

Back