• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Quiet musings

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
According to my wife, I am the noisiest human to ever inhabit a motor home. In my defense, I generally get up earlier than my wife, so that tends to make me a target by default. But this morning, I was determined to prove her wrong.

Newmar’s choice of bypass doors didn’t help me any. Anyone had any luck opening/closing these things quietly? Can’t be done. But I couldn’t wander freely in the living room without first separating it from the bedroom, so shut them I did. Multiply that by two, because the dog wasn’t accommodating enough to come out at the same time I did.

So here I am, standing in a dark living room and needing to turn on some accent lights. Newmar backlights the light switches, but I left my glasses in the bedroom. No way I’m doing battle with that door again, so I decide to wing it. BTW, how many of you know that the bedroom light button is just above the living room light button? I kept pressing it, thinking it just wasn’t working. Not a mistake I want to make again, lol.

At this point, I had done nothing more than reinforce Trish’s original assessment and was beginning to wonder if I should ever be left unattended.

Coffee will make it better, it always does. But that requires opening the cabinet, fishing out the mini-Keurig, finding the K-cups, filling the Keurig with water, plugging it in, finding a coffee mug, etc. I’m already on shaky ground here and really didn't need to upset the beast anymore than I had already.

So you know that dropping the mini-Keurig didn’t go over well. Nor did the cup bouncing across the floor as I made a swipe to save the Keurig. OK, screw it, no coming back from here. Leashed up Ryker, stomped down the steps and slammed the coach door.

I'll try again tomorrow.
OMG 😳. I laughed so hard I think I peed a bit. Meh. That happens anyways 😊.

Good luck tomorrow Jim.

According to my wife, I am the noisiest human to ever inhabit a motor home. In my defense, I generally get up earlier than my wife, so that tends to make me a target by default. But this morning, I was determined to prove her wrong.

Newmar’s choice of bypass doors didn’t help me any. Anyone had any luck opening/closing these things quietly? Can’t be done. But I couldn’t wander freely in the living room without first separating it from the bedroom, so shut them I did. Multiply that by two, because the dog wasn’t accommodating enough to come out at the same time I did.

So here I am, standing in a dark living room and needing to turn on some accent lights. Newmar backlights the light switches, but I left my glasses in the bedroom. No way I’m doing battle with that door again, so I decide to wing it. BTW, how many of you know that the bedroom light button is just above the living room light button? I kept pressing it, thinking it just wasn’t working. Not a mistake I want to make again, lol.

At this point, I had done nothing more than reinforce Trish’s original assessment and was beginning to wonder if I should ever be left unattended.

Coffee will make it better, it always does. But that requires opening the cabinet, fishing out the mini-Keurig, finding the K-cups, filling the Keurig with water, plugging it in, finding a coffee mug, etc. I’m already on shaky ground here and really didn't need to upset the beast anymore than I had already.

So you know that dropping the mini-Keurig didn’t go over well. Nor did the cup bouncing across the floor as I made a swipe to save the Keurig. OK, screw it, no coming back from here. Leashed up Ryker, stomped down the steps and slammed the coach door.

I'll try again tomorrow.
Oh too funny Jim.

Latest resources

Back