Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
Somehow I stumbled across an old discussion about theater seats versus recliners, Despite the many comments (really good points were made), I didn’t see anyone mention their power sofa. We had a Winnebago journey that had a power sofa, and as I’m researching for our next MH, I had considered recliners, so I found your discussion interesting.
But after reading all your posts I think perhaps our power sofa was actually the best solution, for us, for the following reasons:
1. It was comfortable as a sofa - covered in sturdy upholstery cloth in a neutral print, typical of MHs, matching the window valances, etc.
I liked the fabric - not cold in winter, and not sticking to our skin in summer.
2. it had built in footrests? ottomans? that pulled out (manually) and a power recliner that would actually go down completely flat, or any angle between. It seemed to do it all and we found it very comfortable as a sofa, double recliner, or bed.
We actually owned the motorhome a couple years before we discovered the built-in footrests ?
If you never need to sleep in it, I suppose a recliner or theater seats function better as individual recliners, but I don’t like sleeping in recliners because I’m a side sleeper.
I used to have to sleep on the sofa when my husband had restless nights. Very comfortable - I loved it because I could either sleep on it laterally like a sofa bed , or pull out the ottomans and turn sideways like a recliner, where it could go to literally any angle I needed - great for sinus congestion. (The MH did have that extra chair/rocker - seemed pretty useless to us since it didn’t recline.)
I wondered why these power sofas weren’t mentioned - maybe they no longer put them in mhs? When we sold that motorhome, it was 12 years old, and the power sofa (obviously original - same fabric as the decor throughout) functioned perfectly. I would want another like it in our next motorhome.
1610884513192.png

Latest resources

Back