Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Real World Opinion on the NOBO 19.2 Fully Loaded?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ArmyOfSquirrels

RVF Regular
Looking for my first RV Trailer ever. What tips and advice do you have for me regarding the NOBO19.2? They look like they would hold up well. I like that they are not made out of wood, though they have hard wood inside. Seems to have all the comforts of home without being tied down. I'm looking to go full time in this and will park and travel as needed. What are your thoughts on this trailer, I plan on going all over the country with the first stop in TN followed by a trip out west to Moab. It would just be me the g/f and perhaps a dog (unsure if we will start off with one or not). I've been working on the minimalist mindset but this one seems to have a lot of storage. Any gear or supplies you consider a MUST HAVE?

I don't have one however I don't like what I saw when I looked it up. Why you ask? The front slope has a window. unless the one you are looking as has none I would be concerned it would develop leaks.

I don't have one however I don't like what I saw when I looked it up. Why you ask? The front slope has a window. unless the one you are looking as has none I would be concerned it would develop leaks.
Yes I saw the window in the front it seems to be encased in a full fiberglass cap. The reason I ask is because this is the TT I'm looking into getting. I tend to go off the beaten path a lot in my truck and am looking for a TT that can come with me. Now I won't be going down rock gardens with a trailer of course but trails to get to remote sites are a strong possibility. Overlanding but with a trailer, should be an interesting experience. I also will stay in Parks and Campsites occasionally but I prefer getting lost in the wilderness.

We just had a thread about windows on the front of C class MHs. Believe me when I say I don't like an RV with a sloped front that has a window. And for the record I have seen a lot of RVs of this style that have delamination bubbles on the front. Many of those problems are because of windows.

Wonder why the front window is such an issue for RVs? Is there any way to further protect against it besides completely avoiding one with it?

Well... My brother bought a trailer years ago, you know early 2000s, well maybe 2004 I guess. It had the same front and window you ask about. It developed a leak so he asked his daughter to look at it (air frame mechanic). She took the window out and rebuilt the plastic for a really good fit. She fixed it!!!! Well a couple years ago he was going to trade it in. Not to get something a little newer, no because below the window was rotted out. Want to guess why?

Well... My brother bought a trailer years ago, you know early 2000s, well maybe 2004 I guess. It had the same front and window you ask about. It developed a leak so he asked his daughter to look at it (air frame mechanic). She took the window out and rebuilt the plastic for a really good fit. She fixed it!!!! Well a couple years ago he was going to trade it in. Not to get something a little newer, no because below the window was rotted out. Want to guess why?
Understand. I'm new to this whole scene does Fiberglass rot out? There is not suppose to be ANY wood on the fiberglass cap from what I've been seeing. Of course I won't truly know until I get to look at one in person. I will strongly consider your suggestion its a little unfortinate that all the NoBos have that fiberglass cap up front with a window besides the 10's but thats smaller than I wanted if I'm going TT I want the comforts INSIDE and OUT.

Understand. I'm new to this whole scene does Fiberglass rot out? There is not suppose to be ANY wood on the fiberglass cap from what I've been seeing. Of course I won't truly know until I get to look at one in person. I will strongly consider your suggestion its a little unfortinate that all the NoBos have that fiberglass cap up front with a window besides the 10's but thats smaller than I wanted if I'm going TT I want the comforts INSIDE and OUT.
I pulled up data on the NoBo and what I saw was not a cap. You will have to look at one, if it is a cap, then it still won't stop the inside wall from rotting with a leak.

Are leaks and rot covered under Forest Rivers Manufacturer warranty? Or which one would you suggest that can still get off the beaten path that does not have the front window I'm still shopping so I'm completely open to suggestions.

FEATURESJBL PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERBEVERAGE OPENER(STANDARD)MORRYDE STEPSW/LED ENTRY STEP LIGHTWHEEL STEP/SEAT(STANDARD IN OVERLANDER PACKAGE)SEAMLESS PANORAMIC FRONT WINDOW60" X 22" TEMPERED GLASS. FRONT CAP STANDARD WITH BACK COUNTRY PACKAGE ON 19 SERIES, OPTIONAL ON 16 SERIES

sorry for the caps that was copy and paste from the marketing crap I wish buying wasn't weeding through 95% marketing lmao.

Latest resources

Back