Chassis
F53
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Fulltimer
No
We recently purchased this 2014 Canyon Star 3610. Now that the weather is finally warming up, I'm able to check out more of the systems on this coach. Currently I'm checking out the A/C-Heat pump. There are 2 roof mounted penguin units, but only zone 1 shows up on the CCC2 thermostat and only the front unit operates. I don't know if it's operator error or if there really is a problem. Does anyone out there have any ideas of what I can check or do?

First make sure it has power (circuit breaker panel). If cycling the breaker doesn't make it appear, cycle 12v to reset the t-stat. Then you may have to get on the roof and pop the cover off and check the circuit board area to make sure all looks good there with wiring, etc. If the AC has never been replaced you're probably at that point as I give them 3-5 year lifespan's typically from what I observe but that's just my $.02. Maybe call Dometic or your AC vendor or even Newmar.

Thanks Neal, I'm headed out now to do those checks that you mentioned. I have already called Newmar and they said that I'd probably have to take it in to a service dealer.

Check the capacitor. Mine went bad. It is relatively inexpensive repair that you can do. The one on the left is bad and the other is new.
4677D5A7-F70E-46EA-8E15-E5170D6E4ECF.jpeg

I've replaced two capacitors on our coach, but the OP's problem probably isn't that. The AC unit should still show up on the thermostat.

Thanks everyone, for your replies. I'm taking it in to the dealer today. They will take care of the problem with no charge to me. Prior to my purchasing this rig, the dealer had replaced the CCC2 thermostat and they are not sure if it was programed properly.

Latest resources

Back