Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jrmed

RVF Regular
I have a problem with my Reece Sidewinder and my Curt A20 hitch. I purchased the wedge that is supposed to work with the Curt A20 hitch and installed it on the sidewinder. With the wedge all the way forward it still didn’t make good contact resulting in a noticeable shift of the sidewinder ( which is supposed to be stationary) when changing lanes or making turns at speed. It’s a noticeable weight shift. It will get your attention. I talked to Reece ( which is now Horizon Global) and they said there must have need a spec change somewhere and they sent me another wedge. This one is tighter, but the angle of the wedge and the angle of the Curt guide plate is not the same. There is a gap from contact on the rear of the wedge forward. I believe this is where the shift is occurring. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m sure that weight shift can’t be normal from a safety standpoint.

I had the Reese Revolution (same as Sidewinder) with a B&W hitch and wedge. The angle of the wedge perfectly fit the angle of the hitch, and it was rock solid when hitched up. Slop at the wedge can't be good, in addition to a safety hazard. It will probably gouge out the hitch plate a little bit over time. I can imagine it gets your attention when it shifts it's weight.

Latest resources

Back