Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PGMCK

RVF Regular
I still owe 17,000 + on my RV and want to know options for refinancing or paying off. Where do I start?

What year is it? Most banks won't loan on rvs older than 10 years. Other options are typical signature loans or using another asset as collateral.

You also mentioned “or paying off.” To do that, call the lender and ask for a “loan payoff amount.” Typically, it will be a lesser amount than the total of the remaining payments. The payoff amount will be time-sensitive, so the amount quoted will only be valid for a short time and will have a specific cut-off date, so be prepared to move expeditiously once you get the amount from the lender.

TJ

I still owe 17,000 + on my RV and want to know options for refinancing or paying off. Where do I start?
The refi options right now for us are a bit slim. My theory is that most lenders are getting enough fresh loans they are not looking for refi things. In prior years refi's were a big part of my business. We would do them in the slower fall and winter month's and some years do as many as 40. I miss it. The opportunities we currently have are not with the A Tier lenders so the best numbers are in the 7% - 8% area. That is a lender program and not anything to do with credit. That means seeing what you currently have is important before even starting.
If you let me know where you are for rate, we can have a talk and see what options are there. We can do this BEFORE doing any credit pulls.
If you would rather send a PM, that's great.
Thank you,
ken

The [mod edit: removed reference to spammers link] posts have popped up in several places on this forum. I don't know anything about them or Alliant CU. Simple fact is - there is no magic wand for credit repair. There are a few companies that do well but it takes time. My business has one we refer people to that need help. They are very professional and reliable and make ZERO outlandish claims. Also a "credit boost" is kind of a myth as well. There are some very basic things people can do that will help scoring but they do not happen overnight.
Holler if we can help with anything.
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
The posts were removed as it was a spammer. If posts look suspicious please click/tap the Report link on the lower left of the message to alert the moderators. We try to keep up with the content but we can't catch everything.

The [mod edit: removed reference to spammers link] posts have popped up in several places on this forum. I don't know anything about them or Alliant CU. Simple fact is - there is no magic wand for credit repair. There are a few companies that do well but it takes time. My business has one we refer people to that need help. They are very professional and reliable and make ZERO outlandish claims. Also a "credit boost" is kind of a myth as well. There are some very basic things people can do that will help scoring but they do not happen overnight.
Holler if we can help with anything.
Ken
I don't need credit repair. I'm just looking to save some money on an existing debt, my RV. I belong to a Credit Union. I appreciate your kind response. I'm learning a lot. I like the non-profits approach to debt management by the way. Referred many clients to them in the past. I'm just upside-down on my RV, a 2008 Landmark that I unwisely bought used and will keep for the time being. You're very gracious in confirming my caution about the other message.

Latest resources

Back