Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Emily

RVF Newbee
We have a 2020 Winnebago Vita. The refrigerator works when we are plugged in and when the generator is on only. We have the inverter on; we have solar panels; we have two new batteries. Any suggestions?

We have a 2020 Winnebago Vita. The refrigerator works when we are plugged in and when the generator is on only. We have the inverter on; we have solar panels; we have two new batteries. Any suggestions?
Are there any code lights blinking? Do you have your propane turned on? Are there any obstructions in the chimney?

Darrell

First I’d grab a voltmeter to monitor voltage via the different sources. (ie Shore pwr vs. Generator vs. Solar/Inverter) If that indicates acceptable results (ie 110 - 120VAC), then I’d probably grab a Watt Hourmeter to monitor it to see if anything else can be discerned. (ie excessive current draw, etc)

If the fridge could run on propane, Rollin was suggesting that you check to ensure the propane chimney [intake or exhaust] wasn’t obstructed. (ie wasp nest, dirt dobbers, etc.)

Did you or po install the inverter aftermarket?

Per the Winnebago, it came with a 1,000 watt inverter from the factory...

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpeg
    IMG_1466.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 4
Per the Winnebago, it came with a 1,000 watt inverter from the factory...
OK that's likely the problem. Even the smallest of refrigerators would have a hard time starting reliably on 1000 watts. I doubt the refrigerator is on the inverter circuit.

Latest resources

Back