Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

steamyb

RVF Regular
I bought a '98 Fleetwood Flair and did not realize that it had mold problems. Now I am in the process of a complete remodel to eliminate the mold and create a more comfortable space for my wife and myself. I assumed once the S&B was gone my construction skills would not be needed.
Pulled up carpet and washed walls with vinegar. Painted the walls with fungicide paint to kill mold. The ceiling will be covered by 1/16 plastic 4 X 8 sheets to cover the 'mouse fur' & the floor will get 'click lock' flooring. All the cabinets will get a coat of paint. All the upholstery (front seats) will be new.

Sounds as if you will busy, please post pics so we can follow along with the transformation.

Indeed; we would love to see photos as your project progresses. Sounds like you have a very ambitious project ahead; kudos for your willingness to undertake it.

TJ

I bought a '98 Fleetwood Flair and did not realize that it had mold problems. Now I am in the process of a complete remodel to eliminate the mold and create a more comfortable space for my wife and myself. I assumed once the S&B was gone my construction skills would not be needed.
Pulled up carpet and washed walls with vinegar. Painted the walls with fungicide paint to kill mold. The ceiling will be covered by 1/16 plastic 4 X 8 sheets to cover the 'mouse fur' & the floor will get 'click lock' flooring. All the cabinets will get a coat of paint. All the upholstery (front seats) will be new.
I bought a 2004 Windsport a year of so ago, and did exactly the same thing steamyb. To keep track of it all, I started a thread (different forum) dedicated to the remodel. It turned out to be a very popular thread and I had a great looking back through the pages and remembering the work that I put into it.

I'll also be one following your remodel and wish you the best of luck. Lots of work ahead!

Mold can be a terrible thing. I noticed a bit of mold in the crawl space in my home. I did a little research and found this mold bomb. This bomb will penetrate places you cannot get to i.e. inside wall etc. I bought the amount needed for the size of my house and put them in the crawl space setting them off then left for a few hours. I then put a whole house de-humidifier in. I found out that if the humidity gets about 60% mold can grow. I have not had a problem in the last 7 years. Now when my RV is setting i run a de-humidifier inside letting the water drain into the gray tank.

We are now waiting on the Lab results for the last mold test. It's not like we could be going anywhere, but I don't want to put $ into the RV if it flunks the mold test.
If it flunks, I will build a car hauler conversion with all the stuff I had previously upgraded the Class A with. Bigger AC, On-Demand Hot Water, Fantastic Fan in Bath Room, Sleep Number Bed, Flat Screens front & rear, built in Electric Monitor/Surge Protector etc.
I am thinking about a front bedroom w/ exit door, bath then kitchen, and next the living room with French doors leading onto the ramp/deck. Or with the shortest car hauler: bath then kitchen @ exit door, then living room w/ a murphy bed leading through the French doors onto the ramp/deck. The murphy bed would have the drop down desk feature and I could mount the tv next to the French door.
Just some ideas since covid-19 has all of us parked. Get a hobby & wash your filthy hands! ?

My coach is parked under full cover. I keep a big household dehumidifier going, and every couple of days dump a gallon of water from the collection tank.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back