Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve and Cindy

RVF Regular
These remotes came with the bus. They don’t seem to do anything. Anybody know what they’re for?
IMG_5413.jpeg

What year and model coach do you have?

I think this might help. It is the company that made your remote.
There are batteries in the remote that probably need changed.
Good luck and keep us posted.

The one with 1 & 2 on it might be someone’s garage door opener. They other might be keyless entry, possibly aftermarket, given the four digits. Looks like they’re on a key chain and they both look fairly beat up like they got carried around a lot. Maybe open the 1,2 remote up and see if there are dip switches in them. If the other is remote keyless entry there will be some reset procedure from the manufacturer. I’m guessing you didn’t get much info from the previous owner.

The one remote I got with mine was for the awning.

The one with 1 & 2 on it might be someone’s garage door opener. They other might be keyless entry, possibly aftermarket, given the four digits. Looks like they’re on a key chain and they both look fairly beat up like they got carried around a lot. Maybe open the 1,2 remote up and see if there are dip switches in them. If the other is remote keyless entry there will be some reset procedure from the manufacturer. I’m guessing you didn’t get much info from the previous owner.
The previous owner was uninformative about everything. It’s our first RV so without his input it’s been a heck of a learning experience trying to figure out how everything works and how to fix things.

Yes it is often that way. But as you navigate the systems and operations you will come to appreciate this awesome machine for what it is and become an expert at operating it.

I think the 1 & 2 is for awnings. Mine are.

Latest resources

Back